IMF backs austerity plan, UK on the mend -

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Sep 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Calling whet, paperpuke, ashie!

"…In an unambiguously supportive statement, the world’s economic regulator said the Treasury’s aggressive programme of cuts would not halt economic growth, calling it “appropriately ambitious”.…"

IMF backs austerity plan, UK on the mend - Telegraph
  2. So you see,Mr Brown was right!
  3. I'm suitably reassured, now why couldn't the last lot sort things out as quick?
  4. I'm not reasured. I think the IMF have made some pretty bad decisions in the past. I'm not saying this is one, but their word doesn't mean much to me.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

6. Still no whet, paperpuke, ashie?
  7. They're off sulking somewhere.
  8. Probably off getting their orders from the Dark Lord Fondlebum.
  9. Hmmmmm… I'm worried about the 3 wise spin monkeys now, maybe their heads have exploded at this news that the coalition is actually fixing the shot sandwich their masters left us?
  10. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Sh1t sandwich? They were investing in growth and our future - don'cha remember?

To the indoctrination tanks with you - you're obviously not ready yet.

11. I imagine that the confidence of the City has come back now that the grown-ups are in charge of the train set.

I did hear one analysis that the reason why we didn't have total collapse during the Brown years was the City knowing that the Natural Party of Government and their subsidiary the Commission for the Fixing of Train Sets Broken by Labour were going to be back in power soon enough to sort the mess out, so all they had to do was hang tough.
  12. They'll be attending the inauguration of their Dear Leader in Pyongyang and there's no decent internet connection.
  13. United Kingdom - 2008 Article IV Consultation
    Concluding Statement of the Mission
    May 23, 2008
    1. For over a decade, the United Kingdom has sustained low inflation and rapid economic growth-an exceptional achievement. More recently, the economy grew by 3 percent in 2007, and inflation returned to target after a temporary elevation. All this is the fruit of strong policies and policy frameworks, which provide a strong foundation to weather global shocks.

Another one of those IMF "unambiguous" statements.
  14. Unambiguous and wrong, which I think proves Sticky's point........
  15. Quite......