Imeche Registration

Discussion in 'REME' started by Tifftastic, Feb 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the non techs, has anyone noticed the cost involved if you register with Imeche. £115 to apply then an annual fee of around £170 per year if you are IEng level.

if you register with the SOE at least they give you squaddie discount (approx £70 per year).

Is it a coincidence that the head of Imeche is none other than the former DEME(A) Steven Tetlow, old boys networking at its best as they expect all class 1's to register to be DES 2 compliant.
  2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

it is tax deductable though...a slight plus.

3. Go to SOE - same qual at half the cost, and no humourless ex Brigadiers benefitting from your dosh. It's a win-win.
  4. I am already a member of the SOE, i just didn't want anyone else to get ripped off just because Imeche was the CORPS chosen organisation.
  5. You could use the IET as well, it's a lot cheaper!
  6. I gained a degree in engineering in 1994 and had free student membership with the IEEE . I chose not to register after graduation due to the large fee and crappy monthly newsletter.

It's important to stay current if you work as a professional 'chartered' engineer (with the pay and responsibility that goes with it) but not as a soldier.
  7. So what level does this apply at then?
    Benefits of differing orgs?
    I can see how they might useful for the VM's but for Armrs?
  8. No part of DES 2 REQUIRES any member of the Corps to subscribe as a member to any professional institution.

The Corps actively encourages all members to join their respective institute at a commensurate level to their quals, age, experience etc.
  9. You sir, are a cad and a bounder. How dare you let "facts" get in the way of a good rant.

As any fule kno, you should let the hare run and then call in tactical nukes from orbit when everyone's bumping their gums in unison. If you can then find out who the original miscreant poster is, arrange a sans cafe chitchat, and crucify at will.

Amateur. I suggest a chat with an old boy from Welbeck.