Imber Village

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Aug 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when i went on a training course in Imber village a short while ago,
    i saw the church on top of the hill and want to be able to go into the church as i know entry is banned except for the Feast of St Giles or open public days.
    can anybody tell me what those days are and contact detail if needed , documentations needed etc .

any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. Generally during summer leave for about 3 weeks when there is no training on the Plain you can access Imber Village....your best bet is to phone the ATE people at Westdown camp for exact details, but like you said the church is open this weekend.

3. sept 3rd is that correct ?

4. Who in their right mind would want to go near that church? Weird bloody place and no mistake

5. A few bits from the church have been removed to Edington Priory, just off the B3098. They include a couple of tombs, glass, painting etc. and a pic of the inside of the church

6. The best church is the one in STANTA. Bloody satanists are always in there trying to sacrifice virgins etc. There was a cracking rumour that a Para was crucified in there a few years back on an upside down inside the church with innards all over the shop. Outstanding story - and brilliant for telling the young toms when there's a night-navex around the area. Sphincters twitching!

I got ordained as a Cardinal in there.....had to sacrifice a big Para lad.

7. Imber Yes a disturbing place, mind you the dead can't hurt you.
    john

8. Thought the crucified Para was at Imber? Does every deserted FIBUA village have a crucified Para?

9. It should be compulsory.. :D

10. My Bladder just exploded!!

Cardinal Sin outstanding humour.

11. Thought the crucified Para was at Imber? Does every deserted FIBUA village have a crucified Para?[/quote]

Sadly not.

12. They can if somebody drops them on you from a 2nd floor window. 8O Yeh I know, you woudn't read about it. :wink:

13. KO I supose if in a coffin could be fatel.
    john

14. yeah the dead can hurt you nearly did my back in trying to put some fat corpse in a sheet . bet the undertakers charged them double for that one :lol: