Imagine how bitter sweet it would be to get 5, rather than 6, numbers come up in the lottery

I suppose an image of Windsor Davies and well worn catchphrase would be unwelcome at this juncture

Still better than no numbers coming up

Depends if your glass is half full really

D

Deleted 100463

Considering if they had 5 in the the last draw, they won £1500, then it's not that bad for a £2 outlay

A few years back . . . . wife, whose husband always fell asleep on a Saturday evening, recorded a Saturday draw. Then she purchased a ticket with the same numbers for the following week.
The following Saturday she started the video, woke her husband up, and asked him to check her ticket whilst she made a cup of tea. He, of course, thought he was watching the live draw, and thought that they had won the big one.

Can't remember how it all finished up.

I probably read that in the Gulf News.

I won £3.50p on the Euromillions last night. Some French b*st*rd won the £187million first prize.

I voted remain but I’m glad we told them to stick it now!!!

A few years back . . . . wife, whose husband always fell asleep on a Saturday evening, recorded a Saturday draw. Then she purchased a ticket with the same numbers for the following week.
The following Saturday she started the video, woke her husband up, and asked him to check her ticket whilst she made a cup of tea. He, of course, thought he was watching the live draw, and thought that they had won the big one.

a new patio, probably.

So a week last Saturday then?

1634402911817.png

:razz:

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
If you put the stake you'd usually pay each week away in a bank account you'd probably have more money in the account than you'd have won on the tickets.

If you put the stake you'd usually pay each week away in a bank account you'd probably have more money in the account than you'd have won on the tickets.
See above.
It was a laugh for the old cnuts, at a few notes per quarter.
25 chaps @ whatever, and 100 lines a week.
R375 a pop (as one cashier said to me, when I went to buy them for the old man - 'That's my grocery bill for the month)
THEN the big win came.
After that, it was a bloody religion!
Some weeks, sod all. Some weeks, a few hundred. Rarely did they make their stake back. Maybe once a year.
But they'd WON! They'd beaten the system!
Hence the fcukwittery described elsewhere ...
Prick turning up at the gate within a few hours of Dad's death, asking what i was going to do about the lotto?
And
I just popped into the old man's bowling club where my father used to hold forth every evening... To pass on the news.
What happens after the 'my condolences' mutterings?
"Oh, what are you doing with the lotto?"

Then girlfriend, now wife, (so must be more than 20 years ago now) got 5. It was the first 5 that came up too, it got a bit tense for a few seconds. ISTR it was about £3000 she won.

Five numbers: I am that man. 1995, so it hadn’t been going long, and I won £1244. To this day I still struggle with whether I should feel happy to have got that much back for my one pound investment or fcuking furious that I didn’t get one more number and scoop the circa £6 million.

I won £3.50p on the Euromillions last night. Some French b*st*rd won the £187million first prize.

I voted remain but I’m glad we told them to stick it now!!!
Wouldn't it be funny if that winner was about to jump on a dinghy to Dover?

Latest Threads