Image search issues

Hi all

Is anyone else having issues with image searches. Recently the settings (I assume) were change by google in so much that when you search for images you still get the screen with all the images of the subject you searched for, but now when you open an image it takes you to the page it originated from and not the enlarged image.

I used to be able to scroll through the images, but now it's a pain as I have to go back to the search screen for each image. Annoyingly sometimes I have to search the originating site as the images does not always display.

Anyone have this issue and know how to fix it.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi all

Is anyone else having issues with image searches. Recently the settings (I assume) were change by google in so much that when you search for images you still get the screen with all the images of the subject you searched for, but now when you open an image it takes you to the page it originated from and not the enlarged image.

I used to be able to scroll through the images, but now it's a pain as I have to go back to the search screen for each image. Annoyingly sometimes I have to search the originating site as the images does not always display.

Just had to check that out and I see your point.
Ummmm.

Hi all

Change your search engine:

Yes, it is a stupid name.

Hi all

Google's way of displaying images facilitated copyright infringement because it separated the images from the articles and any copyright info that they may contain. Publishers have been lobbying them to change their ways for a number of years, so Google responded with new design that meant when you clicked on an image it took you to the web page.

If you click on an image and it goes to the webpage and you can't find the image try searching for it in Bing.com which I think is a better search engine anyway.

Last edited: