Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sid101, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any leagal implications to buying this?|66%3A1|39%3A1|72%3A1683|293%3A1|294%3A25
  2. Yes.

You will be in trouble if you whack someone over the head with it.
  3. Nah...

1st generation

Probably long burnt out....
  4. obsolete historic interest only.
  5. Most of the IMS's I used had pretty shagged tubes, although a mate has one with a new , old stock tube fitted and its not too bad. As said, its Gen 1 so dont expect too much, could be used with an IR light to enhance it. saying this, there are better, cheaper options out there, unless its the historical connection you are after.
  6. all depends what you want to do with it,historical value as lads have stated,thats ok.pest control,a lot of people(myself included when i was younger)end up dissapointed,not as good as you think they are,i must hold the worlds highest kill rate for emptying a mag of 22 sub sonics at 30 yds into piles of horse shite or dead mole hills,thats without an ir illuminator(spot the twinkly eyes).i bet if you looked thru it first (for pest control you wouldnt buy it,some of this Ist gen stuff is appalling,always try and have a gander thru it first,you mite be lucky to move it on to another unsuspecting novice or it ends up on your air rifle for ratting,i have wasted hundreds and hundreds of pounds buying rubbish,now courtesy ,of she who must be obeyed(no not mrs),i am lucky and old enough to have a kite on my 22-250 and even luckier to have a litton on my other calibres,the litton is only 2 mag,but picture quality is far better than the kite,its currently doing stirling work bumping of lamp shy charlies(thats fox not cong),pity i have to hand it back after r&r time(then again it might get lost in transit :D with nv try before you buy