iMac/Thunderbird/Mozilla problem.

I've been using TB for five years or so running three email accounts, had a few problems but they seem to solve themselves.A few weeks ago Apple updated their OS .Then the problems started.
My IT Department (a friend of a friend who builds websites) suggests that there is some sort of incompatibility now between Apple and TB as some of her geeky friends had noticed problems.
Anyone else having similar problems? A call to Apple and they denied that they were trying to freeze out other email providers, althought the guy did suggest three times that I should be using AppleMail...
So would uninstalling the latest OS from Apple and also going back to previous version of TB help?
Gmail was also mentioned.Could I then transfer client files from TB into Gmail?

One thing to try might be to try running Thunderbird in safe mode and disable all add ons and see if that makes a difference

Just_plain_you

War Hero
Have you tried updating to the latest version of Thunderbird?

ArchieCat

Old-Salt
Are you sure it’s the OS at fault and not Thunderbird? I recently had a Thunderbird update on my Linux machine.

Catalina has broken a few things. I haven't upgraded to it yet, because I need a VPN client that I know doesn't work on Catalina. Not a criticism though, getting away from older software/OS baggage is a fact of life.

TamH70

MIA
Thanks for the responses.
Decided to scrap TB altogether Going for Gmail option.Wish me luck!
You could try the Microsoft Mail app as a back-up. It can deal with emails from all sorts of different providers, so you might be able to get your old Thunderbird-based ones.

You could try the Microsoft Mail app as a back-up. It can deal with emails from all sorts of different providers, so you might be able to get your old Thunderbird-based ones.
So it seems the problem is that TB is no longer issuing updates.And the latest Catalina OS has screwed up a lot of email providers as well as TB.
Spoke to another bloke,and he has a different opinion. He favours AppleMail of course this means informing all clients of new details... more grief I can do without!

Latest Threads