I'm up at Glencorse in August and I'm stressing about my medical :/

I'm due up at glencorse next month and I have a few medical worries... Well.... 2 medical worried.

1st one is Phimosis, no infection or anything, just phimosis.

And the 2nd one is I have a bit of a strange chest, the right side of my chest is out a bit more than the left. It causes no pain and the doctors said its fine with nothing they can do and they even sent me for a CT scan just to check up on it. After just looking online the most similar thing seems to be something called 'flaring rib' but only on one side.

Can any of you kind fellows give me any info on it? Do you think any of them 2 things will cause a problem at ADSC?

Last edited:
I know its nerve racking but try and not to stress to much ESP on the day you meet the dr.It is up to the Dr up at Glencorse to finalise a decision.If you say it dosent hurt and when its your turn to see the Dr act confident and say boldly it dosent hurt at all.so they know.And the dr will tell you to do a few physical test to prove it dosent hurt.if the Dr is satisfied, you will pass!.It's all about confidence for me and like you said there's nothing wrong with you so don't stress.so be confident dear!..And All the best.

Last edited:
This thread has been a good source of learning about obscure medical matters;

Phimosis.... does it prevent you peeing? Can you get an erection and satisfy a woman? If the answer to the former is yes and the latter no, the army is likely to tell you to go and get fixed and try again. If however the answer to the former is no and the latter yes, then not only is your mum a lucky lady, but the army will prolly have no objection to you joining.

About your ribs...... Can you breath ok? Can you march? Run? Pass the fitness test? If so, no worries.

But then, I am not a doctor so what do I know?

This thread has been a good source of learning about obscure medical matters;

Phimosis.... does it prevent you peeing? Can you get an erection and satisfy a woman? If the answer to the former is yes and the latter no, the army is likely to tell you to go and get fixed and try again. If however the answer to the former is no and the latter yes, then not only is your mum a lucky lady, but the army will prolly have no objection to you joining.

About your ribs...... Can you breath ok? Can you march? Run? Pass the fitness test? If so, no worries.

But then, I am not a doctor so what do I know?
But you are South East Asia's Doctor Love.......

But you are South East Asia's Doctor Love.......
Au contraire, mon brave. Doctors heal the sick (or at least keep their patients amused whilst nature takes its course). Me, Im just out for my own gratification.

Back on thread, I joined up with a chap who had something called pigeon? chest. It was concave and he was as thin as a piece of A4. A few weeks later, after a lot of Phys and good meals, he was the fittest fecker around. He'd come from a fairly deprived background and I'm still convinced that his life was totally changed by the diet.

1st one is Phimosis, no infection or anything, just phimosis.
Phimosis, from the Greek phimos (φῑμός ["muzzle"]). Clearly a matter for the armourer; tell Bones it's above his pay grade.

Seriously, if none of these things hurt, are infectious, stop you running about with silly weights 'till you throw up, it will not be an issue. Be confidant and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Back on thread, I joined up with a chap who had something called pigeon? chest. It was concave and he was as thin as a piece of A4. A few weeks later, after a lot of Phys and good meals, he was the fittest fecker around. He'd come from a fairly deprived background and I'm still convinced that his life was totally changed by the diet.
I think that there are many like that. When I joined - after I had been in 12 weeks, I had put on ten pounds and lost 3 inches off me waist.

Good lad. Perhaps you could meet a local lady to help you exercise?

Suck it up. And tolerate it.

Could well be handy in the local Lingo :)
Whatever it is you are drinking, I'll have a double.

Latest Threads