• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

IM THE NAVIGATOR, AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT LANDING

Deleleted by poster!

As told by Ronnie Corbett?

As told by Ronnie Corbett?

In brief, for all those who want it:

Pilots cock up landing in big old bomber.
End up at end of REALLY SHORT runway, stuck in the tarmac.
Take a week to get extracted and fixed.
Nav-man (Bloke who wrote story) denies any part in it.

Sorry i couldn't make it shorter. :p

You really have no idea about such concepts as humour, do you?

It'd be a good case study for a Flight Safety course, but I have a hard time believing that it was expressly intended as an amusing anecdote.

Deleted by poster!

Trip_Wire said:
Perhaps such things are funnier to actual aircrew members, navigators (If there still are any) and pilots.
A categoric no.

Cnut.

PS- was wondering how long it would take for this thread to end up in The Hole.

Trip_Wire said:
Perhaps such things are funnier to actual aircrew members, navigators (If there still are any) and pilots. I would think people especially from that era, or interested in the aircraft and crews of that era would better enjoy such an article.

I doubt that ground crew and especially civilians, wanabees, 'desk jocky' administrators would get much out of it. Or Army ground pounders, although as I point out below, there are those types in the ground forces too.

Why did you post it here then :?:

osta:

I didn't post it here. The Mods moved it here from the aviation tread.

As current, serving aircrew I thought it was a load of old shoite and deserving of its place in the "hole".

Nice job on the cut and paste though.

Latest Threads