Im TA INF thinking of reroling as CMT

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by fatboy15, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive served as a TA Infantryman for 3 years and recently served on herrick5, on my return i have found myself very dissillusioned about the role of TA inf on operations (MPGS springs to mind).

I have already done the CMT3 course and am strongly considering recapbadging to RAMC but am worried about whats happening to the job,

How are CMT(v)'s attached to teeth arms being effected by the changes?

2. I can only tell you my personal experience. You are better off in a teeth arms unit than a field hospital as you will be left to your own judgement a lot more. Unfortunately the reality is that unless you have a fantastic MO, you will have little or no clinical governance. So you'll get trusted to do things, but you will probably the person that should be trusted least!!!! If that makes sense.

Although it is better to be a medic than an OR most of the time- you get the best of both worlds (and the worst). About changes though, we are still pretty much in the dark!