I'm sure this isn't sinister but.....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 7, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i think it is aimed at people with no military experience, to facilitate their seach of the type of unit they would like to join as opposed to specific cap badges at the ealy enquiry stages.

2. aahhhhhhh

Yep that makes sense. Thought we were all about to become the "Royal Corps of Infantry" or somesuch...

3. msr

msr LE

PtP

Surely people know something about the TA/Army before they join? In any case most people will join their local unit what ever it does. I would prefer that they leave Regiment / Unit on the web page.

msr

4. thats true, but this government tends to supply information understandable to the weakest link.

5. Unfortunately - it is the lowest common denominator stuff here. I had the pleasure of sitting through lots of meetings about this topic in a previous job.  

The expert opinion from COI and the agency that do the web site is that people do not understand terms such as Black Watch, Fusiliers, London Scottish, PWRR, etc. ever mind that some of these units have been in existance for 100's of years!! Utter Bollocks  :mad: :mad:

It is also to reflect the fact that cap badges, in the TA, do not exist in their own entities, but are now part of regional regiments - 51st Highland, London etc.

It sucks - and is why i no longer work where i once did :mad: :mad: