I'm sure I can do it cheaper..

there are companies that repair damaged worktops
try to keep a spare section if possible, but they can usually let a section in and match it
I had a damaged marble worktop repaired by a company that do on site repairs
top quality job

Yup, I've seen some miracles with marble off cuts and coloured epoxy.

@MrBane get yourself down to their workshop and see if they still have a couple of suitably sized bits of your marble/granite/whatever banging around.

Last edited:
Right now, I'll take anything I can get.

I also had a white arabesque worktop in the kitchen. Run of 6m and run of 3m. Cost a fair penny.

Mrs B phones
'That's it fitted. Looks great. No issues '

She's happy, then I'm happy. Pay the invoice via my broker, lodger and part time lover the Emperor Mong.
Get home.

'Why's there a ******* hole in it?'

Mong template lad measured out around the gas pipe that was hanging loose waiting for the hob.

Of course, I've paid, so I've lost my position of strength on trying to get this resolved.

I hate my life right now.
The lazy simpleton might have chucked it in your household bin (or kicked it under somewhere), you could check there.
But also rip 'em a new one for being dumb & incompetatnt! Good luck

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I want herringbone, she says.

It'll be lovely, she says.

You can fit it, can't you, she asks.

No, no I can ******* not.
16390615878534333694724965066441.jpg

I don't recall entering the Krypton Factor?

I want herringbone, she says.

It'll be lovely, she says.

You can fit it, can't you, she asks.

No, no I can ******* not.
View attachment 621420

I don't recall entering the Krypton Factor?

Mate, after 30 years of it I can inform you that, much as you think you hate it, it does become mildly addictive. When you have finished this one you will have time on your hands, and suddenly find yourself wandering around B&Q. You will be sniffing the new cut wood smells, stroking kitchens on display, and eyeing bathroom suites wondering if the tiles you just looked at would match.

Mate, after 30 years of it I can inform you that, much as you think you hate it, it does become mildly addictive. When you have finished this one you will have time on your hands, and suddenly find yourself wandering around B&Q. You will be sniffing the new cut wood smells, stroking kitchens on display, and eyeing bathroom suites wondering if the tiles you just looked at would match.

After 30 years Mr. Bane may not have enough didgets to DIY

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I already do that. I fondle power tools I have no need for, state at cable reels that I don't know what it's for.
IMG-20211209-WA0016.jpeg

My next project is attached. I want to try and make a movie room

TamH70

MIA
Are you sure that's not a crime scene photo that's got mixed up?

Last time l saw a room like that Buffalo Bill was telling me to rub the lotion on my skin or else I'd get the hose again. Luckily I woke up for a pee before THAT dream went any further.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you sure that's not a crime scene photo that's got mixed up?
It's my only slightly asbestos laden basement. I feel like I can do so much with it, but nothing that will comply with building regs or criminal law.

Blogg

LE
Today I have mostly been watching my tame plumber struggling with a replacement shower pump, replacement mixer tap in utility room and swapping out a leaking radiator.

All of those are "easy". Why do you need a plumber'?

Because, my angel, they are all prone to frozen fittings, non direct replacement parts and requiring remediation of past unholy bodges.

"And?"

Today I have mostly been watching my tame plumber struggling with a replacement shower pump, replacement mixer tap in utility room and swapping out a leaking radiator.

All of those are "easy". Why do you need a plumber'?

Because, my angel, they are all prone to frozen fittings, non direct replacement parts and requiring remediation of past unholy bodges.

"And?"

Wuss...

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I seem to have accumulated various and sundry charges over the years . I have two carrier bags full of them stashed away somewhere, but can I find the one for my mini Rhobi screwdriver, which was my faveroute tool once upon a time?? , can I ell as like !!

I seem to have accumulated various and sundry charges over the years . I have two carrier bags full of them stashed away somewhere, but can I find the one for my mini Rhobi screwdriver, which was my faveroute tool once upon a time?? , can I ell as like !!

I feel your pain, the thieving elf keeps putting mine away somewhere unknown to man

Latest Threads