I'm sure I can do it cheaper..

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You know full well I've already considered that.

Bed solution is either two singles either side of the door (there will be another partition to split between bedroom and office) or some sort of scandie style low bed that you smash your ankles on.

The front left of the house sticks out further than the rest. The architect said we couldn't do anything with it in the attic, but I'm going to floor it and put in a hatch door so I can crawl in there and cry on a Saturday night.

go Japanese with futons or tatami mats

Bed solution is either two singles either side of the door (there will be another partition to split between bedroom and office) or some sort of scandie style low bed that you smash your ankles on.

The front left of the house sticks out further than the rest. The architect said we couldn't do anything with it in the attic, but I'm going to floor it and put in a hatch door so I can crawl in there and cry on a Saturday night.

There there there lad , things can only get better that song will be in your head all night now

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
No fire or explosives? You're getting soft.

nah that comes later when the roof falls in. You can't go with fire and/or explosives early, let 'em really cock it up first

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Cut a groove in the floor to walk in
they used to make a bus like that, was it called a Lodekka or something

Miners legend, allegedly true and told to me by a long dead neighbour who was a lead miner

Horse dragging the tubs has persistent problem with his ears on a low section of roof caused by a lump in the floor
Foreman tells the horse driver to get a shovel and take the lump out. Hours later the foreman turns up to find said miner knocking lumps out of the level roof having removed the roof supports to do so.
When challenged the miner replies to his boss "I'm not stupid, its ears that are hurting, not his feet"

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That's what I like about arrse, plenty of helpful people, full of good ideas,

Right now, I'll take anything I can get.

I also had a white arabesque worktop in the kitchen. Run of 6m and run of 3m. Cost a fair penny.

Mrs B phones
'That's it fitted. Looks great. No issues '

She's happy, then I'm happy. Pay the invoice via my broker, lodger and part time lover the Emperor Mong.
Get home.

'Why's there a ******* hole in it?'

Mong template lad measured out around the gas pipe that was hanging loose waiting for the hob.

Of course, I've paid, so I've lost my position of strength on trying to get this resolved.

I hate my life right now.

Attachments

• 16387394319744996777572461244919.jpg
    16387394319744996777572461244919.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
That's a piss pot that you'll be too far away from to actually piss into and you'll have to lean over backwards. The walk in shower is a bit of a misnomer. More like crawl in. Why do the pillocks design that crap? We have a lot of it over here where they call it farmhouse style. Its just another term for we were too effing cheap to put in a second floor. When looking for a house in the past we saw a few of these places as they sounded very nice. I'd see how small it was under the 1st floor roof and just shout next. Half the time I had to duck down to be able to walk around.

A while back somebody had the brilliant idea of designing so called Wimpey chalet houses which were always advertised as multi-storey.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm going to stab you through the ******* eye you ****.

with love x

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never click on a link in arrse especially if toppers posted it"

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never click on a link in arrse especially if toppers posted it"

I'm vulnerable and fragile. If I were walking down a darkly lit street, I'd end up a victim.

I saw the link and thought, "Oh thank god, there might be a few good ideas in here. That's really helpful of him."

You ****.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm vulnerable and fragile. If I were walking down a darkly lit street, I'd end up a victim.

I saw the link and thought, "Oh thank god, there might be a few good ideas in here. That's really helpful of him."

You ****.

and you'll have that song in your head for hours

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Having googled for solutions, as I'm sure you have, one option is to lower the floor and the ceiling of the room below. I can't imagine it'll be cheap.

rent the space out to midgets?

I also had a white arabesque worktop in the kitchen. Run of 6m and run of 3m. Cost a fair penny.

Mrs B phones

She's happy, then I'm happy. Pay the invoice via my broker, lodger and part time lover the Emperor Mong.
Get home.

Mong template lad measured out around the gas pipe that was hanging loose waiting for the hob.

Of course, I've paid, so I've lost my position of strength on trying to get this resolved.

Fit a nice bit of wood with various sizes of slots cut into it. Fix with no more nails and there you have a designer knife rack

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Entire day, not a single roofer can spare the time to come and sort it.

I have thus established that roofers are cnuts.

I have the same opinion about plasterers

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Mrs B phones

Get home.

there are companies that repair damaged worktops
try to keep a spare section if possible, but they can usually let a section in and match it
I had a damaged marble worktop repaired by a company that do on site repairs
top quality job

anglo

LE

Mrs B phones

Get home.

Frecking hell,
Rule number 5, never pay a bill until you've inspected the job yourself, or at least 7 day after the job is finished

Last edited:

Latest Threads