I'm sure I can do it cheaper..

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Entire day, not a single roofer can spare the time to come and sort it.

I have thus established that roofers are cnuts.

Entire day, not a single roofer can spare the time to come and sort it.

I have thus established that roofers are cnuts.
Mor edifficult & less money (and skiving time) than doing a whole roof, the feckless gits.
I suppose spray-on foam inside, tarring outside etc would just move the problem elsewhere?
Hopi it's fixed quick

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mor edifficult & less money (and skiving time) than doing a whole roof, the feckless gits.
I suppose spray-on foam inside, tarring outside etc would just move the problem elsewhere?
Hopi it's fixed quick

Emperor Mong has opened a ladder shop and has been talking to me all day on a sales call, but he's not fooling me this time.

Inside, it'll just route elsewhere and I'd have to rip the sarking off, which would cause more cost long run.

I'm genuinely on the point of tears now. The attic is mid-refurb, but the water is going through to the daughter's bedroom below, which is all new.

When the roof was installed 1950s, they didn't cross batten, so the tiles are basically held on quite loose, and because we've been hammering away and having to fit steel etc, they've started knocking loose.

Try to get a roofer, good ******* luck. This is a problem I can only solve by throwing money at it.

Same same with electricians - 4-6 weeks mate before I can come (I am supplying all the materials)...

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Easier with a tarpaulin over the outside.

this was my joke suggestion for the winterisation programme for the med centre in LKG.
After a couple of months of 'consultations' with various people including the RE they decided they were going to put a massive tarpaulin over the whole building with a scaffold framework to hold it up.

Sometimes you have to ask the right person/ roofer

It helps if they thinks you’re a fireman or still serving ;) don’t tell them your day job

expect the deluge of parking tickets complaints or pictures modelling your y fronts as headwear ;)

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sometimes you have to ask the right person/ roofer

It helps if they thinks you’re a fireman or still serving ;) don’t tell them your day job

expect the deluge of parking tickets complaints or pictures modelling your y fronts as headwear ;)
Closest I've got to that is the cleaner. She found my issue baseball cap and sent me a selfie with her norks more or less hanging out whilst wearing it!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Emperor Mong has opened a ladder shop and has been talking to me all day on a sales call, but he's not fooling me this time.

Inside, it'll just route elsewhere and I'd have to rip the sarking off, which would cause more cost long run.
hire a scaffold tower, and then fit a heavy duty tarp over the damage

Aquavite

Old-Salt
I'm genuinely on the point of tears now. The attic is mid-refurb, but the water is going through to the daughter's bedroom below, which is all new.

When the roof was installed 1950s, they didn't cross batten, so the tiles are basically held on quite loose, and because we've been hammering away and having to fit steel etc, they've started knocking loose.

Try to get a roofer, good ******* luck. This is a problem I can only solve by throwing money at it.
Mate if it lessens your anguish, I flooded both daughter's bedrooms via the attic for the sake of a 47p washer and I currently have a less than 100% roof thanks to the recent storms. Add to that the fact I forgot to renew my house insurance and my shame now knows no bounds.
My family will be partaking in kit-e-cat as their Christmas repast.

Mate if it lessens your anguish, I flooded both daughter's bedrooms via the attic for the sake of a 47p washer and I currently have a less than 100% roof thanks to the recent storms. Add to that the fact I forgot to renew my house insurance and my shame now knows no bounds.
My family will be partaking in kit-e-cat as their Christmas repast.
Ahem...Tonight I Cooked if you please...

Bane o nomics dictates you cut a small hole in the roof and then poke a golf umbrella through before opening it . You can then sell the Tupperware collection you’ve assembled and move to the desert.

thats why
they usually supply the materials and make a small profit on them
plus we can choose stuff we are used to using

+1 on that. I still do a bit of spannering, and tell car owners that I'll buy the parts.

1. I get trade discount, so will save them a few quid
2. Punters buy the cheapest old shit they can find. A few months down the line the car craps itself due to an e.g. eBay Hoo Flung Dung airflow meter instead of a Bosch one, and suddenly it's my fault.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
+1 on that. I still do a bit of spannering, and tell car owners that I'll buy the parts.

1. I get trade discount, so will save them a few quid
2. Punters buy the cheapest old shit they can find. A few months down the line the car craps itself due to an e.g. eBay Hoo Flung Dung airflow meter instead of a Bosch one, and suddenly it's my fault.
I pay an Italian guy to service my Guzzi, I leave the parts to him and settle up the bill without argument or asking for a discount
because he is very good, and fits the right parts

Judging by the position of the leak, I would say you've lost a tile on the edge of the roof, somewhere above where the water first appears...... take a look with a pair of bins.