I'm sure I can do it cheaper..

PFGEN

GCM
Out-*******-standing, I needed a good laugh today. Testament to the phrase at the start of all these jobs. "How hard can it be?"

I see you finally finished the kitchen improvements.

DIY Kitchen.jpg

Mr B by 'Gravel Pads', do you mean these?
1618723635107.png
1618723635107.png
.......What.......?
Who's, shushing me?
Come on it'll be a laugh.

I used them under my 4x3m Summer house and that has a pair of 2m sq hardwood double glazed units that were a 2 man lift to get on the base.
It's survived a couple of storms so I'd say its possible.

Now the caveats:
I built it.
It's made of proper wood not some crappy balsa wood kit.
I am reasonably competent - I renovate houses for fun.
It's level.
It's square, as in the diagonals match, not that 4x3m is somehow a square - though I reckon you could see that as a challenge :)
It's a single storey, I resisted the urge to add a mezzanine. Though to keep in with the permitted development regs (ahem) I let the hedge grow so I have to use step ladders now.
Oh and I built it.

And in the general keeping of the thread; in order to keep it square (see above) and secure the joists to the grid I used BFO cable ties.

IME a high quote is usually an indication that:

1) They don't really want the job
or
2) They think you'll be an ******** to work for
or
3) Bit of 1 and 2
Had a neighbor moaning about her sparky quote. 8k for a new DB and kitchen rewire . I would normally do it on an old terraced house like this for less than Half that . However the household with kids and a smelly dog is at dickensian level of filth ,the place hasn't been cleaned for 20 years or rewired for 40 ish . The house is rammed with crap and the carpets will be stuck to the boards . Won't even consider it . Occupied shit hole rewires are an absolute nightmare. Empty house like this, best flush job about 6k for whole house . Special price for this house 10k if they F O for 10 days.

Out-*******-standing, I needed a good laugh today. Testament to the phrase at the start of all these jobs. "How hard can it be?"

I see you finally finished the kitchen iimprovement
That is basically what the house I referred to earlier looks like but more modern and cleaner .