I'm sure I can do it cheaper..

triggerigger

On ROPS
On ROPs
this is a 1 gang 1 way light switch it won't turn off .
There is no 240 present . That is the tip of the Dali shit burg . I have suggested using the data cable to pull in singles. It's utter shit . An overpriced over complicated monorail .
IMG_20220209_105158_509.jpg

surfincivi

Old-Salt
this is a 1 gang 1 way light switch it won't turn off .
There is no 240 present . That is the tip of the Dali shit burg . I have suggested using the data cable to pull in singles. It's utter shit . An overpriced over complicated monorail . View attachment 641742
Wtf if no 240 why’s the light on, you say it won’t turn off but no power means not on , nope you have totally lost me here.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a digital control system, most likely with a central processor to switch the loads
Think of it as a hard wired remote control system

I sorted one out many years ago, it could remember your usage and mimic you, in case you were away from home
Close curtains, shut off sockets to prevent fire
Bloody awesome
Even a concealed lighting system in a false skylight to mimic the natural light and its movement
But the CPU failed
2 choices
Rip it all out and rewire the house, then redecorate
20k appr

Or find a wizard, as the manufacturer no longer existed
I found a wizard, he made and repaired all sorts of computer stuff, systems for cars and boats and planes
I isolated all the power to the property and installed a temporary system
And took the box to the wizard
2 grand later, its half the size
Has better terminals for the circuits
And a wireless link to a computer
I refitted it, rang him up
He did stuff
It works
Happy customer
Belgravia is not the sort of place you want to be spending weeks rewiring a house

triggerigger

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wtf if no 240 why’s the light on, you say it won’t turn off but no power means not on , nope you have totally lost me here.
Switch sends a request to system to turn off this light and computer says Noe. One of many problems . Lights were addressed by the cowboys who installed so if you move light to the other end of building same switch will control same light.

triggerigger

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's a digital control system, most likely with a central processor to switch the loads
Think of it as a hard wired remote control system

I sorted one out many years ago, it could remember your usage and mimic you, in case you were away from home
Close curtains, shut off sockets to prevent fire
Bloody awesome
Even a concealed lighting system in a false skylight to mimic the natural light and its movement
But the CPU failed
2 choices
Rip it all out and rewire the house, then redecorate
20k appr

Or find a wizard, as the manufacturer no longer existed
I found a wizard, he made and repaired all sorts of computer stuff, systems for cars and boats and planes
I isolated all the power to the property and installed a temporary system
And took the box to the wizard
2 grand later, its half the size
Has better terminals for the circuits
And a wireless link to a computer
I refitted it, rang him up
He did stuff
It works
Happy customer
Belgravia is not the sort of place you want to be spending weeks rewiring a house
There used to be a system that when installed correctly would work as and when you wanted and lasted 40 or more years and rarely went wrong but was easy to fix if it did. Monorail.