Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm struggling with my fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start off by saying I'm 6ft1 and around 10.2 stone, so I'm not overweight. I've already applied to join the British Army. My only issue is I'm fitness sucks and I don't really have the money to pay for a gym membership as I'm only 17. I'm concerned that I will be turned down at the assessment centre.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I'll start off by saying I'm 6ft1 and around 10.2 stone, so I'm not overweight. I've already applied to join the British Army. My only issue is I'm fitness sucks and I don't really have the money to pay for a gym membership as I'm only 17. I'm concerned that I will be turned down at the assessment centre.
Have a look through some of the subjects in here: Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment

Switchback

War Hero

Use one of the million and one different running programmes on offer on the internet for beginners.....have some discipline and get your arse out doing some training. You don't need to be superman!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You're idle.

spaz

LE

Run for 45 minutes 3-4 times a week, run at a pace you're comfortable with. Warm up and stretch off afterwards.

Get a pressup and sit-up app for your phone and start smashing them out.

Man up wet pants.

nonstop

Clanker
If you have time before your assessment go to your nearest running club. Speak to the coaches about what you want to achieve. They will have different groups depending on levels of fitness. You will be surprised how quickly your fitness will improve doing structured training with a group rather than on your own in the gym.

I`d brush up on your reading skills as well , youve posted this in the Forces Discounts.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I dropped 25kg in a year to get in, I was running 2-3 times a day doing 6 miles a pop once my fitness started to allow it. If you are running every night, go for a run in the morning too, push yourself. You don't need a gym membership, work some hills into your running route and get up them.

Get a pressup and sit-up app for your phone and start smashing them out

Jesus.... I'm going to kill myself! Listening to a phone? Your are fcuking serious aren't you?

spaz

LE
Jesus.... I'm going to kill myself! Listening to a phone? Your are fcuking serious aren't you?

Alec, I'm assuming he's a young lad without access to a gym/funding. He can get an app for free that will build up press ups and sit-ups gradually from any start state.

Obviously he could just bang out reps of exercises and up it every few days but most kids have a smartphone and it let's you keep track of progress.

I dropped 25kg in a year to get in, I was running 2-3 times a day doing 6 miles a pop once my fitness started to allow it. If you are running every night, go for a run in the morning too, push yourself. You don't need a gym membership, work some hills into your running route and get up them.

6 mile runs 3 times a day. You are Sven Hassel and wash with bleach and shave with a hammer.

You can come to my house and fučk my sister.

anony_mouse

Old-Salt
I'm struggling with my fitness as well. After 18 years in the army I've decided that phys is for mugs, so eat a rollover dog every naafi break and chain smoke in betweeen.

Fortunately I've got a dog shit chain of command so no one ever makes me do a pft. Which is nice.

D

Deleted 145301

I'm struggling with my fitness as well. After 18 years in the army I've decided that phys is for mugs, so eat a rollover dog every naafi break and chain smoke in betweeen.

Fortunately I've got a dog shit chain of command so no one ever makes me do a pft. Which is nice.
Thank you for your service

Everyone's fitness sucks if they don't do any! You don't necessarily need a gym membership - what's that SAS fitness book that gets bandied about here occasionally?

Or google/youtube 'how to run faster'.

And try parkrun - you'll meet other people of all levels of training/fitness and it's free!

Aren't running clubs almost free as well?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
6 mile runs 3 times a day. You are Sven Hassel and wash with bleach and shave with a hammer.

You can come to my house and fučk my sister.

Have you noticed the forum it was moved to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads