Im off to norway soon.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by stinger_sweaty, Dec 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright chaps im off to norway on jan the 3rd, iv never been there before so im after a bit of advice, iv just been promoted and has a result of that i got dicked to go norway with the marines theres only about a plt size of us from my battalion going (1 rifles) so what i would like to know is what sort of kit should i invest to bring out there with me, iv already been issued with my artic kit (which is alot) if anyone has been there recently could u kindly advise on what gucci kit would be ideal to bring, i already own alot of my own kit but its more tailored around conventional, also whats it like on pish there?

many thanx fellers Den.
  2. Just use what your issued with, and its exspensive. Presuming your doing id suppose is the old AMF, you'll love it....insert evil laugh :)
  3. and amf means what dude?
  4. 8O are you serious?
  5. The kit you could get is wildly expensive so it's probably best to use the issue kit.
  6. Fcuking (very fcuking) expensive.
  7. AMF = Ace Mobile Force (it had individual Land, Sea and Air components); a NATO organisation, no longer exists I believe.
  8. and that's an understatement
  9. I think he is serious !
  10. Buy DF booze; fill hip flask; go out on razz, buy cokes; top up with DF. Watch out for the local Norwegian home made hooch - bloody lethal.
  11. ? if u dont ask u wont know mate.
  12. take issue kit, why ruin your own, justa little flash back i was pleased to be given the chance to go to norway.. and was chomping at the bit.. what a fecking mistake, being B-ech changing every tyre to studded ones and the same when we got back to southhamton, pan bashing general dogs body plus marinies didn;t have a clue about their wagons, ie battery flat no air in brakes trying to tow off ferry, plus we had a rough crossing some vehicles were not chained down so a few got bent.. no time for beer ohh happy days
  13. Amazing scenery, infact fecking amazing scenery,oh and its cold and snowy about now :) I loved living in a tent....not
  14. Fcuking expensive scenery if you happen to be looking at it from a bar.
  15. And fcuking hard scenery too. The whole country is built on granite about 6 inches under the topsoil. Mind you, this time of year the snow will be too deep to worry about that!