"I'm off down the Legion..."

Congratulations. If you need a job to supplement your alcohol problem I'll employ you to clean all my medals. Word of warning though, you may have to sub-contract the work out.
Very good reply, sensible, wrong but sensible, we really can't expect a Drop Short to
post anything remotely original, now, can we?

they take anyone who has the time and been a member for a bit,, they need all the help they can get,,everyone pays the same,,
Sadly I have a couple of social clubs on my doorstep and the US in Chester I dont think the missus would be happy with me getting another membership to a drinking establishment :) I was at the TA place on Stanney Lane for a few years and never heard anything from the Legion there, surely they could have done something to get all us thirsty stabs in for a few jars.

RBL "needs new blood" is the cry from every club,, but none of the lads or lasses want to know,, its only the "civvys" that keep the places open,,

Now, that's the rub, why does everybody think we are shown up on a Rememberance
Parade?
The Parade I went to last year, not ONE serving Soldier was there....
Have you bothered your arse to read my post?

The thing to consider, is all the current soldiers joined up because of seeing all the BOAR warriors cutting about in the '80's.

I know I did.

Are we at fault that this generation have been campaigning for the last 18 odd years? - Nope.

I really enjoy swapping Army stories with retired soldiers over a beer or two, I don't care if they served in Sangin or Soest.

they take anyone who has the time and been a member for a bit,, they need all the help they can get,,everyone pays the same,,
There is a 2 tier membership fee at my branch, £15.50 for serving personnel and over 70s, £20 for everyone else.

Z

Zarathustra

Have you bothered your arse to read my post?

The thing to consider, is all the current soldiers joined up because of seeing all the BOAR warriors cutting about in the '80's.

I know I did.

Are we at fault that this generation have been campaigning for the last 18 odd years? - Nope.

I really enjoy swapping Army stories with retired soldiers over a beer or two, I don't care if they served in Sangin or Soest.
It's my fault I mentioned the NDM and he got all excited.

Yep, anyone... as Dave Reeve will attest to.

Ref the non served drinking in these places the simple fact is the National service Generation are in thier 70's now so there are less and less ex forces around. In 20 years time no RBL will have enough ex servicemen in thier catchment area to survive on their membership alone so either they adapt or die simple as that. But I'll be there to regale the young uns about the hardships of drill nights when the bar ran out of booze.

Been once after Telic, got glared at by the miriad of window licking shitcunts that inhabited the place, none of whom at a guess had ever wore a uniform except for school, never went back.

Does it ever occur to you that all the CWW would be back in like a shot, if they could,
no, thought not.
What he said.

Z

Zarathustra

JoeyDeacon and Arters I apologise most profusely for my flippant remarks regarding the NDM and getting shown up on remembrance day.

I would love for us to be able to put our differences behinds us, perhaps we could share some dits about our exploits whilst defending the country from those who would do us harm?

I've got some videos and warry pictures to get things started if you'd like, I've got some stories that I didn't put in my blog aswell. We should do this in a new thread so as not to derail this one any further.

JoeyDeacon who where you with ? 4th 7th cheshires or RAMC ?

Don't apologise, Corvus Corone, six Medals is it?
Are you proud?
I'd be really pissed off if I'd only got six Medals, suck shit, Nig.

5A did you go to Louisiana?
Did you want to re-enact 'Southern Comfort' and pretend to be a 'Roughy Toughy'
Swamp Monster.......lots of Training would be required to reach those dizzy heights,
shit for brains!

Z

Zarathustra

Don't apologise, Corvus Corone, six Medals is it?
Are you proud?
I'd be really pissed off if I'd only got six Medals, suck shit, Nig.

5A did you go to Louisiana?
Did you want to re-enact 'Southern Comfort' and pretend to be a 'Roughy Toughy'
Swamp Monster.......lots of Training would be required to reach those dizzy heights,
shit for brains!
There's absolutely no need for all the hostility Arters, it's not my fault that no one want's to hear about how you bravely defended the west from the rampaging soviet horde by getting pissed every night.

Sorry buddy but they'd all be back out within a fortnight.
It's not the army of the 80's it's had all te fucking fun sucked out of it and there's far to many yes spineless cunts in nowadays.
They simply couldn't hack the absolute bullshit we have to endure nowadays.