"I'm off down the Legion..."

I suppose it's nowt to do with that and I DO know what it means, I'm just sick to the
back teeth of all the Super Squaddies nowadays gobbing off about, we're going on
Tour, I've more Tin than you, Cold War Warriors were just piss heads.

Does it ever occur to you that all the CWW would be back in like a shot, if they could,
no, thought not.

I'm going on 'TOUR' next month, Germany, I don't expect a Medal and I can guarantee
I will get blathered, once a CWW always a CWW.
Fuck off you meths supping cunt. You were all piss heads, gongless, and did fuck all. Tit.

Z

Zarathustra

Is that just before you start on the 'i've been on considerably more dangerous ops than yow' speech
Not at all, I enjoy speaking to the old guys and hearing their stories and I get the impression they enjoy speaking to the young blokes that are currently serving.

Would you care to point out where I've said "I've been on considerably more dangerous ops than yow"?

RBL "needs new blood" is the cry from every club,, but none of the lads or lasses want to know,, its only the "civvys" that keep the places open,,
My local RBL is open to everyone, hosts skittles teams, darts teams and takes part in the local pub quiz league. It could noway survive on ex-membership alone with a catchment area of less than 15,000. The beer is a bit cheaper but not stupidly so. This commercial side of the club pays for the RBL bit really. It's all modern with good facilities, but not pub like, so doesn't attract chavs, and no swearing!

I can see a Legion in a city with open membership, would just be treated as a cheap boozer.

Fuck off you meths supping cunt. You were all piss heads, gongless, and did fuck all. Tit.
True, true but I had enough intelligence not to join the Planks, ex 7RHA Prick.

Z

Zarathustra

My local RBL is open to everyone, hosts skittles teams, darts teams and takes part in the local pub quiz league. It could noway survive on ex-membership alone with a catchment area of less than 15,000. The beer is a bit cheaper but not stupidly so. This commercial side of the club pays for the RBL bit really. It's all modern with good facilities, but not pub like, so doesn't attract chavs, and no swearing!

I can see a Legion in a city with open membership, would just be treated as a cheap boozer.
This is the problem, people want the RBL to be like the one's they remember from their youth, full of WW2/Borneo/Malaya vets spinning dits. Sadly this part of the membership is declining and to survive they've had to open up their membership to everyone and as such in some cases it has attracted chav etc.

In other cases younger blokes just aren't interested in sitting in a club with a load of middle aged blokes who they have very little in common with.

now boys the Committee will be chucking you out if you dont stop fighting :p

True, true but I had enough intelligence not to join the Planks, ex 7RHA Prick.
Congratulations. If you need a job to supplement your alcohol problem I'll employ you to clean all my medals. Word of warning though, you may have to sub-contract the work out.

Z

Zarathustra

Your sig block for a start glory boy
Where in my sig block, twitter feed or blog have I used the words "I've been on considerably more dangerous ops than yow"? I think you are getting very precious and are beginning to make yourself look rather foolish.

'Though humans cannot generally tell individual crows apart, crows have been shown to have the ability to visually recognize individual humans, and to transmit information about "bad" humans by squawking'.

Are you going a-squawking?

Z

Zarathustra

'Though humans cannot generally tell individual crows apart, crows have been shown to have the ability to visually recognize individual humans, and to transmit information about "bad" humans by squawking'.

Did you slip in the shower and bang your head?

little suttons ok.. i dont go there as oft as i would like to,, some of my old workmates use the place,, and its alllso good to just sit there and not be at everyones beck and call,,
Im living in the Port but have never tried the Legion I prefer the US club in Chester. That has a lot of non served people as members but there is a Two tier system If you have a service number you get A membership other wise B membership there isn't a massive difference but i think only A members can be on the committiee and pay a bit less in subs. Does the RBL club have anything like this?

Im living in the Port but have never tried the Legion I prefer the US club in Chester. That has a lot of non served people as members but there is a Two tier system If you have a service number you get A membership other wise B membership there isn't a massive difference but i think only A members can be on the committiee and pay a bit less in subs. Does the RBL club have anything like this?
they take anyone who has the time and been a member for a bit,, they need all the help they can get,,everyone pays the same,,

Did you slip in the shower and bang your head?
I thinks he's at the wrong end of a brasso bottle. They can sup you know, those old, NDM-craving, gongless pissheads.