"I'm off down the Legion..."

One of the problems with the RBL is the massively complicated committee system.

Our local branch has a Bar Committee, a Branch Committee and a Women's Section Committee.

Would you believe that there isn't any overarching president to coordinate these three decision making groups?

The Bar Committee is all civvies who are not interested in the Legion at all.

Last Remembrance Day, the (ex serving) Chairman of the Branch asked 3 of us (currently serving) to provide some pictures and items for the Branch, we duly did at our expense and discussed where the items should be put up in the branch, we put them up while on leave before Remembrance Day.

On arriving at the Branch on Remembrance Sunday, we found all our pictures missing and the framed set of original Iraqi Most Wanted playing cards with the glass smashed in the store room, the civvies barman said they were removed at the request of the Bar Committee and the 'Playing Card one' got kicked because 'we don't agree with the war in Afghanistan and we don't want pictures of the Taliban on our walls.

This RBL Branch is a civvie drinking den for chavs, the wishes of ex serving members are ignored and shouted down by the civilian members and due to the ambiguous committees involved, there is no real way of dealing with it.

I'd like to do more for my local branch and be a part, I'm thoroughly discouraged though.
I am sorry for you and think that we need to cull a few people for you.

I would not set foot in my local branch when I am in UK because it is full of dole queue drop outs and care in the community cases.

All a stark contrast with Canada where my sister is the Sgt at arms at her branch of the RCL. The members have pride and it shows.

My local 'Branch' don't even have a clubhouse, they meet in a room of a local pub. No wonder nobody's interested. However, the local Regt/Corps Assoc branches are doing much better without the need for pubs or clubs.

They just couldn't compete with Wetherspoons!

Same here in Canada. Dying out with the WW2 vets. Perhaps they should take out the part where you swear "I am not and have never been a Communist, Anarchist, Fascist blah blah...." And then offer Antifa cunts and bonehead BNP types free memberships with a month's free beer thrown in.
Darts night would be something to see.

Probably many closing due to being frequented by boring cold war warriors. The days of everyone in there having fought in WWII are long gone. Must be right exciting listening to 'Bill' spout off about his exercises in Germany and 'Fred's' tours of NI. The boring cunts.
Hang on, you fcuking airborne, suspender wearing arsehole, would it be any different
from listening to cnuts like you, gobbing off about 'The Stan', your fcuking Medals,
not marching anywhere and just how shite the Mess is?
Misanthropic cunt!

Z

Zarathustra

Hang on, you fcuking airborne, suspender wearing arsehole, would it be any different
from listening to cnuts like you, gobbing off about 'The Stan', your fcuking Medals,
not marching anywhere and just how shite the Mess is?
Misanthropic cunt!
What exactly is it about FSJs post that makes you think he's a misanthrope?

Wikipedia said:
Misanthropy is generalized dislike, distrust, disgust, contempt or hatred of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope, or misanthropist is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human being").

little suttons ok.. i dont go there as oft as i would like to,, some of my old workmates use the place,, and its alllso good to just sit there and not be at everyones beck and call,,

I suppose it's nowt to do with that and I DO know what it means, I'm just sick to the
back teeth of all the Super Squaddies nowadays gobbing off about, we're going on
Tour, I've more Tin than you, Cold War Warriors were just piss heads.

Does it ever occur to you that all the CWW would be back in like a shot, if they could,
no, thought not.

I'm going on 'TOUR' next month, Germany, I don't expect a Medal and I can guarantee
I will get blathered, once a CWW always a CWW.

it hurts to find out that when your filling the tins in all the rains ect,,that no matter what we get,, it goes to one man (my namesake) with a wage of £140:000 a year

It's tempting to think like this.... but look at it another way.

Even a charity is a business.... it needs a competent manager at the very highest level and you have to pay for that.

Go get a knobber for a fiver an hour. See how much good that does the charity. Remember, if you can run RBL, you can run M&S.....

Or to put it another way, £140k a year is quite cheap.

D_L
That's the point RBL is dying on it's arse, just (not so) cheap booze to those whose closest dalience with the forces is watching Soldier Soldier on DVD.

RBL "needs new blood" is the cry from every club,, but none of the lads or lasses want to know,, its only the "civvys" that keep the places open,,

Z

Zarathustra

I suppose it's nowt to do with that and I DO know what it means, I'm just sick to the
back teeth of all the Super Squaddies nowadays gobbing off about, we're going on
Tour, I've more Tin than you, Cold War Warriors were just piss heads.

Does it ever occur to you that all the CWW would be back in like a shot, if they could,
no, thought not.

I'm going on 'TOUR' next month, Germany, I don't expect a Medal and I can guarantee
I will get blathered, once a CWW always a CWW.
Bit touchy aren't we grandad?

Yes, Magpie Valise, I are.

Probably many closing due to being frequented by boring cold war warriors. The days of everyone in there having fought in WWII are long gone. Must be right exciting listening to 'Bill' spout off about his exercises in Germany and 'Fred's' tours of NI. The boring cunts.

Yeah, I used to love hearing stories of operational jumps from the really old boys.

Now, that's the rub, why does everybody think we are shown up on a Rememberance
Parade?
The Parade I went to last year, not ONE serving Soldier was there....all on 'TOUR' I
suppose, I stood with Guys who had chests full of Medals, I was proud to be in their
company, after all it was a Rememberance Day Parade not a 'Look at how many
Medals I've got' Parade.
Your Missus is a looker! 184021166_92d93c7bc2.jpg