I'm not saying this has to end up in the Naafi but,

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ugly, May 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Later this year there are elections being held for police crime commissioners. I wasnt really that fussed about it until I realised that there lies an opportunity to get my nose in the trough of public funding and also enjoy chats without coffee with the Chief Constable this time him being stood up and me sat down.
    I'm not usually in favour of wasting public money this way, there are usually far more fun ways (dems ranges etc) to do that. I was originally tempted to do this on the principal that it would be like the local council, free but expenses paid. Nope it seems its a full time job with staff and a payroll.
    So what I am getting to is do we the massed ranks of the Army Rumour Service fancy putting up for election any ex service persons not in council or police employment and should we do it as independants or form a political party?
    Either way as I am more skint than usual I will be asking for donations to my campaign fund to become the elected PCC for Sussex.
    Dig deep folks you know there will be a drinks cabinet in my office!

I would run a poll but being norman the stores mong I doubt I can work that one out!
  2. Go for it Ugs, I'd spot you a couple of bucks.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

I'll slip in ten pence if that would help, if that fat bugger from Hull can have a go, why not our Ugly.
  4. But does it contain Kernow cider, Buckie, and methylated spirits?
  5. But I'm not................ oh, you meant Lord Prescott of Pies.
  6. Wonder which police authority will get the first BNP Commissioner?

Vote Ugly for a beautiful future!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. He should run with the official Arrse slogan 'Go Ugly Early'!!!! :)
    • Like Like x 8
  8. At the rate serving officers are threatening to leave, the commsioner's job may end up being a lot more 'hands on' then they thought.

Do you get a Batphone?
  9. Won't let me put likes on, but I likes that!
  10. No probs, I put one on for you.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The BNP thing will be interesting, I wwonder if they have the nerve to stand in one place at least. Imagine being that PCC?
  12. I'll be happy to support your application.

PS: The usual monkey in the cistern nearest the door, yes?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well Tim Collins has pulled out of the Kent application as the Tories Poster Boy so there is plenty of room for other characters!
  14. Imagine the press, imagine the politicians running round like headless chickens trying to find some obscure rule that means they could ban them from standing, imagine all the teeth gnashing from all the "minority groups"....

Please let it happen.........
    • Like Like x 2
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Imagine the ban on membership for serving plod being lifted? No? me neither!