Im not going to die from liver failure after all!

Another concluded that a man would have to drink 63 units a week, or a bottle of wine a day, to face the same risk of death as a teetotaller.
A perfect excuse now!

Off to the pub!!!!

You'd all better be quick!

Should have read the article through to the end....

In a further attack on Britain’s drinkers, it was revealed yesterday that a coalition of health organisations is mounting a campaign to force a 10 per cent increase in alcohol taxation.

Oh dear. Now I'll be accused of inciting binge drinking. :(

putteesinmyhands said:
Oh dear. Now I'll be accused of inciting binge drinking. :(
And that is wrong because...? :D

putteesinmyhands said:

In a further attack on Britain’s drinkers, it was revealed yesterday that a coalition of health organisations is mounting a campaign to force a 10 per cent increase in alcohol taxation.
I doubt that this would get through the house of commons, they won't want to pay more for their booze. I hope so anyway! Otherwise it's on with the balaclava and time to start firebombing everything in sight! :D

Flashman_1 said:
putteesinmyhands said:

I doubt that this would get through the house of commons, they won't want to pay more for their booze. I hope so anyway!
But isn't their bar tax-free - and exempt from the smoking ban??

putteesinmyhands said:
Flashman_1 said:
putteesinmyhands said:

I doubt that this would get through the house of commons, they won't want to pay more for their booze. I hope so anyway!
But isn't their bar tax-free - and exempt from the smoking ban??
Bastards, to the barricades now comrades, we'll count the dead when we're finished shooting them.

A "coalition of health organisations" can suck my winnits. Rugby's on tonight and I'm getting tw@tted. Huzzah!

“Those limits were really plucked out of the air. They were not based on any firm evidence at all. It was a sort of intelligent guess by a committee,” he said.
I can't imagine anything less likely than that.