I'm no grass but...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Sheen, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know a lot of people feel very strongly about members of the TA who dodge tours, but one of my colleagues can’t deploy because of medical reasons that actually should have prevented him from joining the Army in the first place. Everyone in the company is aware of this issue and yet because he does bone jobs (IT, driving etc.) he’s allowed to stay in. I hate to think that this guy is representing our Coy and Corps and it’s not the impression we want to give.

So my question is do I have any ground to make a request for his dismissal without being told to wind my neck in?
    Or is it a case of grinding him down until he quits?

• Like Like x 1
  2. If he goes will it open up a promotion spot for you?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. He sounds just the sort of chap that we, care of the good Dr Liar Fox, are about to pin our faith in, come 2015, when we have to hand over the security of the Nation to the Reserves.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'm no grass BUT...

actually i cant be bothered. Just stop being a girl.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

if everyone in the company knows, then that means so does the CoC who have obviously made their decision. Stop being jealous of him getting all the driving jobs and get on with what you are paid for.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. No, he can't be promoted because he can't get the clearance to do the promotional course.
    I don't want him out to benefit me, I want him out because he should never have been allowed in.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You need to man up and confront the tour dodger and demand that he chucks it in immediately!!!

On a more serious note, what is the T.A. these days? The ******* Gestapo? Some team spirit there where people want to go around informing about blokes they are supposed to work with possibly in dangerous circumstances. Surely, those that make decisions about these matters will no doubt do what they need to when they need to. Even from your post, it seems that the bloke has some use with his I.T. and driving skills. You just need to worry about doing your job.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Personally I think the Crowns and his business are none of your business. Are you jealous of him or something? Did he pass a BFT and you didn't? Does anyone give a stuff? Its the STABS after all.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Haha! I thought that might be the case.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

So in other words you want to suck his cock.
  11. Your bold - seems like the only way forward.

I'm not jealous, I'm not trying to cause a stir I just feel uneasy about someone who is mentally disabled being allowed to handle a rifle that's all. But I guess I've no leg to stand on right? Ho-hum...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I'm calling it a Wah!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yep, bubble him you righteous twat and when he's bunged out I hope you end up doing all the 'bone' jobs, get pissed off and leave

Those Land Rovers don't drive themselves do they?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. You ******* Jack bastard. No one loves a grass. You're supposed to be able to trust your mates in your platoon.... Not have to worry that they are selling you out. I hope he reads this and knocks **** out of you. I would if I found out......
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Not your problem, get over it.

Allowing him into the TA, Army recruiting policy/Regional Recruit training

Doing jobs nobody else wants and it seems it's work he wants to do and is keen.

Essentially it seems you want to rid of a guy because he is different .... please accept an electronic values and standards fail.
    • Like Like x 2