Im looking for MESS DRESS

Discussion in 'REME' started by REME_lad, Aug 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im looking for a set of second hand mess dress thought i`d post on here as i`m in the REME so it makes sense. Dont really wanna have to get it brand new as it costs a fortune i`m about 40-44" chest and 32-34" leg please let me know if you hear of anyone leaving the REME or know where i can get mess dress cheap.
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

3. The RSM at depot REME had a selection of 2nd hand Messkit at one time , don't know if he still does. Perhaps someone at depot could check and let you know
  4. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I've gpt one that fits the bill.
    PM Me for details.
  5. Try the Corps Kit Agency at SEAE....that's where I got mine from for a very reasonable price.......
  6. I also have one sat in my wardrobe doing nothing,
    should fit the bill

pm me for details.
  7. Depot REME closed about 15 years ago.
  8. What's your problem sparky, have ypou got something against ex REME?. I'm pretty sure any serving soldier would have understood my post to mean Arborfield. Pull your fecking neck in and stop trying to show what a hard man you are.
  9. My point is that the question had been answered comprehensively. Your answer is dated and added no value.

I have nothing against ex REME, quite the opposite in fact. However, I get bored listening to people who post for posting's sake.

I'm afraid to say that most of your posts have no relevence in todays climate. I'm not trying to show that I am a hard man, I'm not the kind of guy to do that in a "virtual" world. All Im trying to say is that perhaps you should ask yourself whether the info that you have is still current.
  10. someone's tired!
  11. Fight, Fight, Fight! :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the RSM will be more than happy if I start asking him for Mess Dress next time I'm on duties brief! :lol:

Got mine at the Corps Kit Agency, £75 second hand, can't say fairer than that! :wink:
  12. Thanks to everybody whos posted so far the more replies i get the better Thanks
  13. My mess dress would fit you perfectly mate but for some reason I have never been able to bring myself to sell it. Bizarre really as there is absolutely no way I'm ever going to need it again. It just hangs in my wardrobe and will do until I'm dead and someone chucks it in the rubbish. Bast#rd!
  14. Dont be such a tight wad and buy a set made to measure, look smart and be proud to wear it.

15. WHAT, pay top dollar for a drinking suit :twisted: 1st game of Mess Rugby, or some other quality drinking game you high value investment could be ruined. There is always the opportunity that you may grow out of it as you progress along in Mess life.

Do what feels right to you, & enjoy your time in the most exclusive club in the world.