I'm joining the Paras soon and I've got a girlfriend please may I have some info

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by L/Cpl J. Kelly, Apr 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

A really serious question here, I know you all joke around but me and my girlfriend are a bit worried about how much time we'll get to see each other when I go to Catterick, I'm just wondering will I get most weekends home? will there be much contact with her? has anybody else had a relationship that's worked well in the Army? we've got 100% complete trust so that wouldn't be an issue so long as we could see each other atleast 2 days a week and talk everything should be ok, I know going on tour/operations is a big chunk taken out of time but please can somebody give me more information I'd be very grateful!

Thankyou!

2. My relationship lasted my full army career. I'm fortunate though that our lass isn't a chav slag who uses her ankles as earrings.

3. Mate whilst at catterick youll have virtually no time to see each other asept for the long weekend home few other days other than that ur constantly there, after you pass thats if you do you'll go to battalion where youll be able to leave weekends and week nights and have alot more freedom.

But that said while ur away training she most defo be doing ur best mate and half of the pub and if you go para's and go morters you'll defo have a few nice new boyfriends there. jokeing over why ur in the army now you get to travel see new things tag team bird's with ur mate have orgies come back with all manner of STI's and to be really honest mate the army comes first not you so you could get posted out abroad to ur battalion where you wont be able to see ur bird any weekend unless u spend shit load of doe to come home

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your life is going to change greatly over the next year. The Army is not a regular 9-5 job (although there can be periods where this does happen).

No one can say if you will have weekends off, you may you may not. It used to be in training you were restricted to camp until the 5th week.

There may be occasions when you think you're on your way home then you're spammed with a last minute job.

All these things are for you and your girlfriend to get used to, if you can't then you've a choice to make, bin her or the Army.

It really need not be a problem, there's plenty of ways to communicate. Try writing letters to each other, if you're both utter filth it should sustain you both in absence.

5. Well, fixed, progressive times.

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

6. remember - girlfriends are for hats.

7. Letters? Does anyone write letters anymore? Mobile phone calls, e-mails, Windows Messenger etc.
    Now, back to the OP. Are you already in and are doing P Coy or are you waiting to actually join? Your sig block is L/Cpl so you should have some idea of what goes on before you go. If you're using a wannabe sig block and haven't joined yet, you will soon learn. Give her a long kiss goodbye and don't look back. Same with your Mum.

8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Part of me hopes that this retard actually is joining para reg so that he can get destroyed within 24hrs of starting training.

9. Why? are you jealous because you're a fucking crap hat?!

10. At least 2 days?

Now, maybe a more pragmatic approach be required?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey sheep's teeth, who you calling a crap hat, you shit-fucking civvie cunt?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Is this site swamped with crap hats?!

13. *Groan* Someone ban this sock puppet please?

• Like Like x 1

14. Thats a good point. In these days of dump by text, what's happened to the 'Dear John' wall? Do they still exist?

15. dont feed the trolls......

especially those who have only "served" in macdonalds...

oh and im a crap hat...a very proud one. now fucking do one you no mark civvie skip licking sheepscunt.

• Like Like x 6