Im in tears :( (not really)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by conure, Jun 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. yeah i guess you'll think im probably not cut out for the army just because of how upset i am! i just got a letter in the post saying i cant join the army because i have a ******* cat allergy with wheeze, its all ive ever wanted to do, i was even due to go away for the weekend with the paras, my trains meant to be leaving in an hour but no point going now..god i feel so ******* shit..

I doubt i'll be visiting this site again now..take care everyone and thanks for all the help you've given me so far! it was really appreciated, time to go get drunk on my own and feel sorry for myself i suppose..

2. Stop crying get a grip. :roll:

Just because you got cat allergy should not be just on that grounds you where not let in.

Have YOU ever surfferd form Asthma? Or taken any medicne for asthma user?

3. Or did the CRB checks come up with more than a passing interest in children? ])

4. Try the Navy, most of them dont like pussy.

5. Wheat from chaff and all that old chap....pip pip. Enjoy being a civi or go the TA route

6. Try the Navy or RAF and next time don’t declare any allergies that could prevent you from getting in.

7. You can always appeal, get them to look deeper into your case...

8. Cat allergy with wheeze. That why you never got in because you have a wheeze navy next best thing if you dont mind people playing with your hoop.

9. okay i guess i exagerated on the crying, watery eyes etc..oops..oh well, i guess i should get an apprenticeship now, im tempted to go to the doctors to see if i can get him to write something about how im in perfect health

10. right i'm gonna go down the careers office now see what I can do, I've decided im not going to give up this easily..

11. ...or your nose

12. They will tell you to appeal, afterall it was not their decision it was the medial side of it.

A mate of mine was rejected due to eyesight (rish of retinal detachment) was sighted as the reason, he, like you was gutted.

He went to the doctors and optitions and got them to write up letters and he submitted an appeal, he then won the case and cracked on with the rest of selection.

Its worth giving it a go, because they do sometimes make mistakes.

13. I just phoned them, he said appeal it as it sounds like these been a mistake somewhere up the line, I'm going to try anyway..

14. God loves a tryer

Good luck conure :wink:

ps tell us how you get on :)

15. Are you sure he said 'cats' in the first place............might have said 'hats' and you misheard him. :).in which case you can join the PARAs!!!