I'm half german... Can I join?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Maxmw123, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heya guys I was just wondering I'm only 14 and half german and I can't wait to join up but I don't know wether I'm allowed because I'm half german! Am I allowed to?

2. You are German.............do what you fcuking well want....your nation always has.......most of Europe will testify to that!

3. Hände hoch! Hände hoch!

Seriously though, give your local ACIO a call, they'll be able to give you the best answer.

4. thats a bit harsh hes only 14 1/2

5. But they failed twice. It's only fair to tell him that don't you think?

6. m8 I dont get to pick my parents. And I'm only half you dick I consider myself more English as I can't even speak ******* german you ****. I want to serve my country which is not Germany.

7. Hitler Youth.........and swearing like a trooper and spelling like a 14 year old English kid?

If you had been schooled in the Fatherland you may well be able to communicate properly.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I suspect that if you have a British passport it shouldn't be a problem. Call your local recruiter for the definitive answer.

9. M8 what's ure deal? I haven't done anything wrong I've grown up in the uk my dads german and he left me when I was two I've never even met him. All I want to do is serve the uk its been my dream for a long time and I wont let you spoil it!!!

10. they weren't all bad now were they look at the pope, from nazi to erm peado ok shit choice

11. Did he...the scwhienhund...........moral is never trust a German?

12. I am hardly german my grand dad was a in 2 para. And I hate germans after my dad left me and my mum. I never met my dad. You won't take Away my dream either m8.

13. You must be a German because you have no sense of humour...............now how is your mum of for...........yah know a bit of rough?

14. I do have a sense of humour but I don't appreciate people taking the piss out of me because I'm german. I can take it as a joke but I don't appreciate people rejecting me just because of this reason. Quite out of order

15. As far as the army is concerned you're not 'half' anything - you're either British, or Commonwealth, or a dirty forriner. If you've got British citizenship or dual nationality, you're fine.

Although if you're blonde and you've got a name like Schmidt stand by for a lifetime of banter.