• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

I'm half german... Can I join?

Heya guys I was just wondering I'm only 14 and half german and I can't wait to join up but I don't know wether I'm allowed because I'm half german! Am I allowed to?

You are German.............do what you fcuking well want....your nation always has.......most of Europe will testify to that!
m8 I dont get to pick my parents. And I'm only half you dick I consider myself more English as I can't even speak ******* german you ****. I want to serve my country which is not Germany.

M8 what's ure deal? I haven't done anything wrong I've grown up in the uk my dads german and he left me when I was two I've never even met him. All I want to do is serve the uk its been my dream for a long time and I wont let you spoil it!!!
Did he...the scwhienhund...........moral is never trust a German?

I am hardly german my grand dad was a in 2 para. And I hate germans after my dad left me and my mum. I never met my dad. You won't take Away my dream either m8.
You must be a German because you have no sense of humour...............now how is your mum of for...........yah know a bit of rough?

You must be a German because you have no sense of humour...............now how is your mum of for...........yah know a bit of rough?
I do have a sense of humour but I don't appreciate people taking the piss out of me because I'm german. I can take it as a joke but I don't appreciate people rejecting me just because of this reason. Quite out of order

As far as the army is concerned you're not 'half' anything - you're either British, or Commonwealth, or a dirty forriner. If you've got British citizenship or dual nationality, you're fine.

Although if you're blonde and you've got a name like Schmidt stand by for a lifetime of banter.

I am hardly german my grand dad was a in 2 para. And I hate germans after my dad left me and my mum. I never met my dad. You won't take Away my dream either m8.
Chill out Max, you have to have a fkukin thick skin to post on here, cos every fkuker is going to take the p*ss out of you, it's the only way to go. NONE of it is personal, but you put your napper above the parapet by posting your thread, only fair that you take some incoming. As Ord Sgt said, if you have a UK passport, your fine. Good luck

Ok haha. Yes I've got a British passport! And I have had nothing to with Germans! Just to point that out to any1 who has a thing against me just for being half german...

By banter he means piss taking at your expense if you bite as hard as you did earlier.

Its something that you will need to get used too

If you have a British passport you have lived in the UK almost all your life. Then you are a Brit

No need to get all German about it

Haha, I saw the title of this thread and knew exactly what to expect, arrse never fails to deliver.

Maxmw123, as others have said, best bet is to call the army careers office but I don't see it being a problem. I'm in the process of joining myself and I found the AFCO staff very helpful, I'm sure they won't mention the war.

Latest Threads