Im gonna take my Oath soon....

#1
To be selfish every once in a while I have made a thread purley about me....but hope all the other newbies can find it helpful.

I'm soon to take my oath of allegiance soon and would like some tips (other than to pronounce 'heirs' - 'airs' lol).
Specifically amonst others, I would like to know whether I should dress formal...and how serious this oath thing should be taken.

Please include some advice, hints or tips for the coming days therafter (basic training).

I would highly appreciate only serious replies to this thread.
...but I kinda know what you Arrsers are like.

kind regards,

Tom_Thumb
 
#3
Think about the implications of what you are saying, so when you are crouched behind sparse cover with and Iraqi gentleman loosing off 7.62 pieces of metal at you, you can remember why you are there. That should focus the mind. And remember, it is the start of one of the greatest adventures of your life.
 
#4
don't cross your fingers or it won't count!
 
#5
Say your an atheist.

No religion on your your records = No Sunday chrch parade

Worked for me

SK :D
 
#6
NAP6W said:
Think about the implications of what you are saying, so when you are crouched behind sparse cover with and Iraqi gentleman loosing off 7.62 pieces of metal at you, you can remember why you are there. That should focus the mind. And remember, it is the start of one of the greatest adventures of your life.
Very nicely said NAP6W if I may say so! last bit on greatest adventures of your life,class bit of post.
My Oath taken July '75' and still hold it dear to me!!
 
#7
SKJOLD said:
Say your an atheist.

No religion on your your records = No Sunday chrch parade

Worked for me

SK :D
Dangerous. First church parade I attended was "When I say move, CofE turn to the right, Roman Catholics to the left, aetheists - Stand Still!" All those standing still went off to do PT. Weren`t too many atheists on the next one.

Oh, and don`t forget to roll up your left trouser leg.
 
#8
TangoFowerAlpha said:
SKJOLD said:
Say your an atheist.

No religion on your your records = No Sunday chrch parade

Worked for me

SK :D
Dangerous. First church parade I attended was "When I say move, CofE turn to the right, Roman Catholics to the left, aetheists - Stand Still!" All those standing still went off to do PT. Weren`t too many atheists on the next one.

Oh, and don`t forget to roll up your left trouser leg.
Im not due to take my oath just yet but I have dicussed my religion with my recruiter. Agnostic, thinking outside the box :wink:
 
#9
Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now there's a Oath for you :evil:


Or on the subject of Church Parades "ROAM OUT THE FALLEN CATHOLICS" :lol:
 
#10
Memorise your Regimental Number so when you say your Oath you don't have to refer to a flash card 8)
 
#11
To answer your question, I did mine the other day. Jeans, T-shirt, Trainers. Read the oath like you dont give a rats arrse. Get paperwork. Sod off. Not much of an occassion really.
 
#12
I take my oath on the 19th of April start Basic on the 24th. I just got my Army number today too.

Dress smart, taking the oath should (apparently) be a very proud day

As for Basic, the advice I have been given is, head down, ears open and watch who you keep company with and just get on with it.
 
#15
Spanish said:
To answer your question, I did mine the other day. Jeans, T-shirt, Trainers. Read the oath like you dont give a rats arrse. Get paperwork. Sod off. Not much of an occassion really.
Are you surprised, really?
 
#16
Spanish said:
To answer your question, I did mine the other day. Jeans, T-shirt, Trainers. Read the oath like you dont give a rats arrse. Get paperwork. Sod off. Not much of an occassion really.
Are you having a laugh? You're not joining the chav army. Tw*t.

Wear something decent, Stand tall, be proud. Then take your attestation certificate home, frame it and put it on the wall.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#17
Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

Does this mean I will now get a uniform that wont fall apart (Made in China) Boots that wont fall apart (made in India) and officers that can lead?
 
#18
Rowums said:
TangoFowerAlpha said:
SKJOLD said:
Say your an atheist.

No religion on your your records = No Sunday chrch parade

Worked for me

SK :D
Dangerous. First church parade I attended was "When I say move, CofE turn to the right, Roman Catholics to the left, aetheists - Stand Still!" All those standing still went off to do PT. Weren`t too many atheists on the next one.

Oh, and don`t forget to roll up your left trouser leg.
Im not due to take my oath just yet but I have dicussed my religion with my recruiter. Agnostic, thinking outside the box :wink:
If your thinking outside the box then become a Jedi, cant be many of them around!
:)
 
G

Goku

Guest
#19
StabTiffy2B said:
Then take your attestation certificate home, frame it and put it on the wall.
I hung mine on my lavatory door, it gives me something to think about while I’m meditating :D
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#20
Ahhh the attestaion certificate... soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant... (At least more absorbant than the old shiny sh*t paper we used to get)
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top