Im going to Sandhurst, do I need...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by cpunk, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

OK, a new sticky advice thread as suggested by OrificeCadet. This is specifically for pink-cheeked, snotty-nosed Officer Cadets who are about to go to RMAS. Fire away...
  2. Sense of humour.
  3. I went halfers with a mate and brought one of those massive steam generating irons after Junior Term. Cut down on the time spent ironing massively! (Leaving more time for boots, sadly!) :cry:
  4. Take a small van or a car with a large boot. In it store several sets of clean pressed C95, spare shiney boots, a set of mint webbing from the old surplus shop, and.... maybe a complete bedblock.

Your CSgt will be mystified as to how you manage to get on show parade spick and span, thirty minutes after crawling off Barrossa but - being Guards - he'll never work it out.... (mine didn't).
  5. my head examined?

Sorry Cpunk, it is Friday though!
  6. You will be amazed at what your CSgt knows. You may think that as Guardsman that we are all woodentopped miscreants however having been a CSgt instructor at the finest military Academy in the world we know a lot more than you think!
  7. Maybe a set of balls you rupert B@stard.
  8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

If you have nothing constructive to add shut up and go away.

You've made yourself out to be a halfwit troll in the Juniors forum, please don't allow that to spread to other parts of the site.
  9. Get yourself and ortlieb mapcase, some canoe bags (your DS may or may not let you have these from the start), a field washkit including mini shaving kit etc. The shop at the academy sells all this but if you havenot won the lottery recently you will not be able to afford it - there is a massive mark up on a lot of items which pisses cadets off no end, especially as they are not allowed off site in first 5 weeks.
  10. Evening Gentlemen,

From reading various threads and such, I have come to realise you need to buy an awful lot of things for RMAS. Some things are relativly cheap, such as polish, cleaning kit, polish, toothbrush and more polish.

However, there seem to be alot of expensive items, like a suit, semi- formal gear, canoe bags, irons, ironing boards etc... How are the guys who aren't as well off as some of the guys who go to RMAS supposed to afford all this?

PS- I might be all wrong about the reams of expensive kit and this is probably a question with the answer- "You don't have to buy all that sh1t!"

11. FFS! What serious candidate for RMAS can't afford a suit and an ironing board?
  12. ... and the ability to recognise clowns like this twat at 100 paces!!! Oh, and the ability to shave the chips off both shoulders (his, not yours).

Don't worry though - thick cnuts like this are few and far between.
  13. Sorry Crazy_FOO,

I though there was more expensive stuff on the kit list, plus I though it had to be like a good suit.

I was just wondering.

14. It's nice but not essential to have this stuff. However a little lateral thought can come up with suitable alternatives. For instance, forget the canoe bags and invest in rubble sacks from B&Q.
  15. From some of the piccies I have seen, there are some seriously bone suits doing the rounds at RMAS. Shiny and everything...bleurggh. As long as you make the effort you should be able to make do with a cheapo, at least until you can get something better.

I'm going to nab the kit list from my chum who started in Jan, and start to collect the required kit over the next few months so that come December I'll have 80% of the kit already.