I'm going to Harrogate on the 1st of October. Has anyone got any advise for the first 6 weeks?

Those who have been to Harrgate. What are the first 6 weeks like? Any advice before I go and what things fitness wise would you advise me doing before I go (meaning should I do weight training or just do push ups and etc.). Thansk in advance guys.

Those who have been to Harrgate. What are the first 6 weeks like? Any advice before I go and what things fitness wise would you advise me doing before I go (meaning should I do weight training or just do push ups and etc.). Thansk in advance guys.
You have been issued two ears and one mouth. Use them in that proportion.

Some lovely sightseeing and tourist opportunities in Harrogate. The tea room is very genteel. Stay away from the beastly army camp as the people there are quite coarse.

Your instructors will appreciate you if you speak your mind and quote labour laws and always try to highlight any perceived injustice, even through they are professionals make sure they understand your opinion and point out any mistakes.

When you do weapon training inform them that THAT Rifle was far superior than the shite you now holding in your hands, they will appreciate your wisdom and agree.

I echo beefer and dark nits comments.

Don't go to the dungeon, it's a dump. Jimmy's isn't bad. Crabtrees is for snobs and we used to call the brown hen 'the mucky pots'.

Is Carrington's still open?

If you want a quiet life, on day 1, at the first parade size up the largest and toughest looking book there.

Then windmill into him at a convenient time.

If you win, you'll be seen as nails.

If you lose, you'll be respected as a borderline psycho.

I understand fun's to be had at the Ladies College. When I was at Catterick my girlfriend was boarding there, and she told of one night when a man broke into the dorm and groped four girls.

Exactly which one of my fellow course mates it was, has still not been determined.

Do what you're told,clean your bedspace and then clean it again (being sure to get into every corner!) and do your block jobs! (bring your own cleaning kit to save you heartache.......multi surface polish (x3 tins) & lint free clothes as a minimum)
As for phys before you arrive - don't do weights.....concentrate on press ups & sit ups (min of 45 and 50 in 2 minutes) and straight after run 1.5 miles in under 10 mins 30 secs

You'll be told at selection that you need to run 1.5 miles in 14 mins but after your initial physical assessment on arrival you'll be expected to run the 1.5 miles in sub 11.30.....Once you leave training you'll have to get sub 10.30 so go for that standard from day one!

He leaves tomorrow, lucky git.

I'm in year 11, I'll only get to apply on the 16th of October (when I turn 15 years and 7 months), and sadly, will have to wait until September 2018 to leave.
Best of luck to you lad, I'm right behind you.
You're unhappy because you'll have to finish school on the date you've probably known about for 5 years or longer...

Don't worry Harrogate will still be there. And you've got plenty of time to get some phys in.

I understand fun's to be had at the Ladies College. When I was at Catterick my girlfriend was boarding there, and she told of one night when a man broke into the dorm and groped four girls.

Exactly which one of my fellow course mates it was, has still not been determined.
Ethalburgers or brothalburgers as it was known.

Ah, the crags run. Fond memories.

Ethelburgers has long gone, moved to another location. I think they knocked it down around 94ish, I think the last girls moved out whilst I was there, a few years before it closed. The buildings were left to rot for a few years, and possibly parts were sold off in batches.