"Im God", says David Shayler.

Ex MI5 officer, David Shayler, has proclaimed himself to be God, claiming that he had seen a psychic who he believes channelled the spirit of Mary Magdalene and anointed him as the Messiah. There's some good quotes in the 'article' to play with, such as "the word in Hebrew for King was 'chav'".

Daily Heil

hong_kong_fuey said:
Ex MI5 officer, David Shayler, has proclaimed himself to be God, [/url]
Isn't David "I'm werider than you" Ike god?

:p

He not the messiah. He's a very ....etc...etc...etc...

Has he still got that attractive girlfriend on the go? It was hard to believe previously that she was 'standing by' the lard-arsed traitor, but now he's gone completely tonto she must have dumped him (especially now that the prospect of untold tabloid riches for 'his story of truth before country' have all but disappeared).

Looks more like Buddha than God to me, but I'm no Theologian.

He may be a loony but I can't fault his taste in ties

Didn't certain people here on ARRSE put store by his 9/11 conspiracy claims?

Guess money dried up from "mi 5 " does nasty stuff gig . So lets join the
I'm a looney like icke to make some dosh .
To be Honest Mi 5 conspired to do nasty stuff to people who dont like the uk. Thats what their supposed to do isnt it ?
Really think Mi 5 should have assasinated him or is the plan death by pie ?

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
gallowglass said:
Didn't certain people here on ARRSE put store by his 9/11 conspiracy claims?
Indeed they did, as did many others on the internet. Well, whatever MI5 have been slipping him, certainly works! Better than Polonium any day :)

MI5/ MI6 will be pleased anyway. Nobody will take him seriously anymore (not that anyone did anyway, as mediumwhiteamericano said, he was only a filing clerk) and all the rumours of trying to smoke Colonel Gaddafi-duck and other assasination attempts will now be seen as the word of a loon.

In the Times, yesterday, they quoted a letter from him saying 'he wasn't Jesus' but a decendant of a jewish mystic from Roman times or some gobble-dee-gook, it was quite hard to understand. Nurse!

Last night, proclaiming himself 'God', he explained: "What I'd say to people is: Do I look mentally ill? Do I sound mentally ill?

"The reason I'm putting out this message is because I am absolutely convinced - as convinced as I can be of anything in this world - that the universe is changing shape and humanity has to prepare for that, and that I am here to help teach people."

Mr Shayler spent years on the run after exposing alleged wrongdoing at the heart of the Secret Service, including a claim that MI6 was involved in a failed assassination attempt on Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi.

Eventually he returned to Britain voluntarily and was sentenced to six months in jail in 2002.

Since then, he has made ends meet giving speeches to conspiracy theorists.

Last night, in an interview with More4 News, Mr Shayler made the astonishing claim that he had seen a psychic who he believes channelled the spirit of Mary Magdalene and anointed him as the Messiah.

He told the programme: "Suddenly my whole life made sense.

"I felt a sense of peace, I suddenly realised why it had been how it had - why I seem to get such a strange deal from the universe, when I seem to be trying to tell the truth about everything."

The 41-year-old even claimed there is an anagram of "David Shayler, Righteous King" on the rod of Aaron, a staff carried by Moses' brother in the Old Testament.

He said: "I looked at that, except the word in Hebrew for King was "chav".

"So at the moment I suddenly realised it goes David S, H, A... I'm going through my name. "And I'm thinking someone's trying to tell me, because this is the ineffable name of God, someone's trying to tell you you're God. "And at the moment you suddenly realise that someone's trying to tell you you're God: David Shayler, righteous chav."

He also said his new-found divinity gave him the ability to change the weather, and that his meditation had stopped the summer's attempted bombings in London.

And he found time to channel the "light" into securing his beloved Middlesbrough football team a place in the 2006 UEFA cup final against Seville.

Sadly, his powers were not strong enough to ensure they won.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=474364&in_page_id=1770

Seems to be in the same league as Uri Geller...

mediumwhiteamericano said:
If it helps this fool was no more than a filing clerk in the bowls of the building who had access to some rather meaty material. All of a sudden he's fa rigiging saint!

Have a word
Really? To be honest although obviously I'd heard of Shayler, I'd never really paid much attention to any specifics - so he was just a civil servant at mi5 (etc) ? How amusing. Although that might be a deception plan of course! :twisted: