• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Im giving up smoking

#1
Having smoked 20 a day (aswell as spliffs) since I was 14 I've decided to give up completely on the bacca.

Today I only had 19 fags. Tomorow I'm going to have 18, next day 17 then 16, 15, 14 and so on until I reach none a day. I think this is better than just stopping completely. I haven't smoked weed for ages now either (atleast 2 weeks) and so it's just the fags that need ditching.

Any advice from people who have successfully quitted smoking? I'm thinking about just becoming one of them people who just bum other people's ciggies and never buy their own. These people manage to never become 20 a day addicts but still enjoy the odd ciggie. If I allow myself this then maybe it will be easier to deal with than the thought that I'll never have a smoke again.
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#2
I found that the best way to ensure you never smoke again, is to shoot yourself in the head. Works every time.
 
#4
Hey mate!

Giving up smoking is the best thing you can do, and you will see the benefits after time.

I highly recommend going to your doctors and go on the quit smoking course, you can get some patches...they work a treat

but well done for even wanting to quit mate and i wish you all the best :D
 
#5
I reccomend just throwing your packet away and stopping - have some mental control willpower and just say no! Stop right now.

Worked for me.
 
#6
boris7 said:
smoke at both ends..same time..for best results..women like it hot!!!!!
VMT for that, Surgeon-General!

Gives me renewed dedication to pipe, cigars and fags.

I'm banking on my DNA. Grandpa and Pa, both smokers, went at 93 and 95.

Have this rather pleasant Havana, while we wait for Mulligan to bring the sherry . . . . . 8)
 
#9
Chimpy, I salute you - better man than I am. Afraid I need my occasional rough shag.
Now when you succeed, don't go all holier-than-thou with us lesser mortals will you? I've seen life-long friendships fail when one turn into a smoke Nazi.
Power to your elbow!
 
#10
caubeen said:
boris7 said:
smoke at both ends..same time..for best results..women like it hot!!!!!
VMT for that, Surgeon-General!

Gives me renewed dedication to pipe, cigars and fags.

I'm banking on my DNA. Grandpa and Pa, both smokers, went at 93 and 95.

Have this rather pleasant Havana, while we wait for Mulligan to bring the sherry . . . . . 8)
Excellent.........slurping port here!!!!
 
#11
boris7 said:
caubeen said:
boris7 said:
smoke at both ends..same time..for best results..women like it hot!!!!!
VMT for that, Surgeon-General!

Gives me renewed dedication to pipe, cigars and fags.

I'm banking on my DNA. Grandpa and Pa, both smokers, went at 93 and 95.

Have this rather pleasant Havana, while we wait for Mulligan to bring the sherry . . . . . 8)
Excellent.........slurping port here!!!!
Port??!!

A magnificent vasodilator, if I may intrude A Medical Term.

Havana drawing nicely, we trust? Get them from a friend of mine, y'know . . . . .
 
#13
Invictus_88 said:
Pipes aren't half as bad for you as cigarettes.

And failing that, snuff. Safer than sex, who can refuse?
But if I might quote Kipling - and I'm going to whether you like it or not:

'A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke'

Huzza!
 
#14
caubeen said:
boris7 said:
caubeen said:
boris7 said:
smoke at both ends..same time..for best results..women like it hot!!!!!
VMT for that, Surgeon-General!

Gives me renewed dedication to pipe, cigars and fags.

I'm banking on my DNA. Grandpa and Pa, both smokers, went at 93 and 95.

Have this rather pleasant Havana, while we wait for Mulligan to bring the sherry . . . . . 8)
Excellent.........slurping port here!!!!
Port??!!

A magnificent vasodilator, if I may intrude A Medical Term.

Havana drawing nicely, we trust? Get them from a friend of mine, y'know . . . . .
an echo of the seventeenth century and early part of the eighteenth....when footpads infested our highways...port deary and a good Havana...was the cure!!!
 
#17
no the best way is to go out on the p1ss the night before, smoke 50+ cigerettes and a couple of cigars to boot, drink until your vomiting uncontrollably then when you finally wake up the last thing you will want is a cigerette, it worked for me, not only was my 20th birthday f**king awsome i gave up smoking the next day :D
 
#18
Chimpy, I was the same as you once upon a time, 20 a day, spliffs every day from the age of 12. I quit 2 years ago when I decided that it was affecting my health too much for training. I quit the green first, then attacked the fags, by just stopping. Worked for a bit but then I started again.

What I found for me personally, was that when I quit I would not have ANY fags around me, and that just made me want them more. Try putting 1 ciggie in a draw and that way you know its there if you want it. Bet you don't! Worked for me. Haven't smoked a ciggie since. Had a couple of cigars when I went snowboarding but thats it! I really have noticed the difference in health too. But like someone said DO NOT go all high and mighty on the fellow smoker. Once a smoker ALWAYS a smoker. Trust!

Wing
 
#19
Y'know, it occurs to me, amongst all the dross and highly funny stories, Chimpy, in his own special little way, often brings up highly pertinent issues that others are too worried about being wah'd to bring up...
 
#20
I stopped smoking in Jan. Rather than saying I was giving up I just chose not to smoke. Found this removed all pressure as mentally I was not depriving myself, just choosing not to smoke. Has worked really well when sober, I don't even think about smoking.

Only drawback is that I still want to smoke when rat arsed. Have succombed to temptation on 5 days since (each time only 2 or 3 fags though). i am finding though that the amount I need to drink before wanting to smoke is going up each time so hopefully will break that link soon. I still see 15 fags in 4 months alot better than 20 a day so I don't beat myself up for it.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts