Im giving up smoking

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chimpy., May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having smoked 20 a day (aswell as spliffs) since I was 14 I've decided to give up completely on the bacca.

Today I only had 19 fags. Tomorow I'm going to have 18, next day 17 then 16, 15, 14 and so on until I reach none a day. I think this is better than just stopping completely. I haven't smoked weed for ages now either (atleast 2 weeks) and so it's just the fags that need ditching.

Any advice from people who have successfully quitted smoking? I'm thinking about just becoming one of them people who just bum other people's ciggies and never buy their own. These people manage to never become 20 a day addicts but still enjoy the odd ciggie. If I allow myself this then maybe it will be easier to deal with than the thought that I'll never have a smoke again.
  2. I found that the best way to ensure you never smoke again, is to shoot yourself in the head. Works every time.
  3. smoke at both ends..same time..for best results..women like it hot!!!!!
  4. Hey mate!

Giving up smoking is the best thing you can do, and you will see the benefits after time.

I highly recommend going to your doctors and go on the quit smoking course, you can get some patches...they work a treat

but well done for even wanting to quit mate and i wish you all the best :D
  5. I reccomend just throwing your packet away and stopping - have some mental control willpower and just say no! Stop right now.

Worked for me.
  6. VMT for that, Surgeon-General!

Gives me renewed dedication to pipe, cigars and fags.

I'm banking on my DNA. Grandpa and Pa, both smokers, went at 93 and 95.

Have this rather pleasant Havana, while we wait for Mulligan to bring the sherry . . . . . 8)
  7. Chimpy, I'm going to Andorra next week as per...

Do you want me to cancel the 10.000 Bensons you ordered?
  8. Just Like a fag-Hot at one end,Wet at the other!!
  9. Chimpy, I salute you - better man than I am. Afraid I need my occasional rough shag.
    Now when you succeed, don't go all holier-than-thou with us lesser mortals will you? I've seen life-long friendships fail when one turn into a smoke Nazi.
    Power to your elbow!
  10. Excellent.........slurping port here!!!!
  11. Port??!!

A magnificent vasodilator, if I may intrude A Medical Term.

Havana drawing nicely, we trust? Get them from a friend of mine, y'know . . . . .
  12. Pipes aren't half as bad for you as cigarettes.

And failing that, snuff. Safer than sex, who can refuse?
  13. But if I might quote Kipling - and I'm going to whether you like it or not:

'A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke'

14. an echo of the seventeenth century and early part of the eighteenth....when footpads infested our highways...port deary and a good Havana...was the cure!!!
  15. I wont preach to anyone about smoking that's for sure. All me mates smoke anyway.