Im getting posted to 33 Fd Hosp. Whats it like?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Humblebum, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings, I am getting posted to 33 Fd Hospital...whats it like...any advice?
  2. I had a great time once I got off the shop floor, Nice location, Emmas on your doorstop!!

(Edited due to PERSEC issues by MOD!)
  3. I was there when it first opened up in 1996, it was a really good place and a good laugh. Gosport is a pain in the arrse to get in and out of though.
  4. depends what you are going as i suppose, cmt, nurse, driver, chef shall i go on
  5. its a big hanger by the sea - full of canvas
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Stop it I'm getting a stirring!
  7. Quote:
    'Greetings, I am getting posted to 33 Fd Hospital...whats it like...any advice?'

Advice: Learn to drink like a fish and appreciate the taste of a pine fresh p1$$ cube in your pint. (Do they still do this or have times changed?)
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It was a pair of dolphins in my day- how bizarre.
  9. Going as a Nurse
  10. male or female?
  11. get used to the feeling of salty air on your cheeks,

and the smell of canvas up your nostrils.

and to washing seagull crap off your car on a daily basis
  12. I was there for four years as a nurse and had one of the best postings of my career. Gosport is a bit of a hole but the surrounding towns and cities make it a worthwhile place to live.

Get to know your canvas though as you'll be seeing lots of it!!!!
  13. who did you upset?
  14. Very fond memories of 5+years in Gospit! Get out and about..the town centre is pants, Fareham is better. Visit Winchester, Chichester, Guildford, etc. not just Pompey and Southampton!

Haslar is gone now, but no reason not to enjoy your tour down there.... I'd go back!!

Good luck! :D
  15. You'll find that it will remain open for business for a year or so yet