I'm Getting Out - Five Copies to Give Away

Yes its the January competition & we've got five copies of "I'm Getting Out: The Book for Armed Forces Personnel joining Civvy Street" to give away. This was reviewed by the ARRSE Book Club late in 2010 and given five Mushroom Heads - summarised as ".... compulsory reading before anyone is allowed to sign off."

i'mgettingout.jpg

If you'd like to win a copy then send Auld_Yin a Private Message with the answer to this question:

What is the name of the author of 'I'm Getting Out: The Book for Armed Forces Personnel joining Civvy Street"?​

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Does the person who writes your questions also write for daytime TV?

But I'll give it ago anyway.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is going to be a quick run competition and will close on Sunday 9th January at 1600 hrs (Arrse time). All PMs with the correct answer to perhaps the most difficult question posed to date will go into the draw.

You may be thinking that this is not a book for you, but if you are responsible for people who may be leaving the Forces soon then this could be a good source of advice for them and you - give the competition a try.

Usual rules - we make them up as we go and what the COs say - goes. Bribes to the usual address in the normal manner (no new notes or foreign currency).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Strangely, there have been no incorrect answers so far! :)

BCO is going to have to try harder in the 'Think up a question' stakes!

Anyway, plenty of time to enter and try to get a copy of this very informative book.

Strangely, there have been no incorrect answers so far! :)

BCO is going to have to try harder in the 'Think up a question' stakes!

Anyway, plenty of time to enter and try to get a copy of this very informative book.
Was it John Major?

There you go. Don't want you getting bone answer withdrawal.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've got an Intelligence Corps detachment working on the answer for me. I've been told they are beginning to make some head-way.
That's you fucked then. The competition ends Sunday!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Was it John Major?

Couple that with a suitable 'bribe' and you never know!!!

Anyway - who was John Major?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bump ......................

Was it John Major?

I certainly hope so, as that is the answer that I have submitted.

This is a trick question, isn't it?

I've got an Intelligence Corps detachment working on the answer for me. I've been told they are beginning to make some head-way.
I was hoping to get the Monkeys involved (the muppets in red caps not the manufactured 60's singing ensemble starring Davy Jones) they have promised to find someone who they can either frame or force to confess to being the author by Sunday lunchtime.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still time to enter this competition. Closing time 4pm (Arrse time) tomorrow afternoon.

I don't normally let people know when they have put a wrong answer but cabana - the answer is not Bob the Builder!!! :)

Still time to enter this competition. Closing time 4pm (Arrse time) tomorrow afternoon.

I don't normally let people know when they have put a wrong answer but cabana - the answer is not Bob the Builder!!! :)
The help appreciated, that was on my short list :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Last chance for your entry. Competition closes today and there has been quite a large number of entries for this competition, so it looks like the subject matter is close to many people's hearts at the moment.

The only clue I am going to give, is if you need a clue to get the answer correct then perhaps this (or any other) book is not for you!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Competition closed!!

There were 32 entries of which 31 were correct - well done cabana :)

I will announce the winners once the draw has been made.

The answer - difficult though it was - Andrew Pyle.

Now many of those who entered mentioned that they are either just out or starting the process, so if you are unsuccessful, it will be worth laying out a few quid to get yourself a copy. Have a look at the review here - you can buy through the link on the review.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The winners, as drawn, and in no particular order, are:

denzh
Azreal2000
Bottleofsmoke
bawheid
Ethel_the_Aardvark

If you guys could PM me with your names and address I will arrange for the books to be sent to you.

Congratulations to the winners. If the book is of interest to you, then lay out a few quid and get it. If nothing else it will make you actually think about what the future can hold. For those who have been in green for a long time or all their working lives indeed, then this can be a very good tool to look at what is ahead and how to deal with it.