im eichengrund - wassenburg - schnelly waggon help wanted

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bloodforblood, Jul 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In about 1985-1986 i recall living in im eichengrund as a kid and there being a scnelly waggon that came round. Now I'm not sure if I am imagigning this but I think that they served a off white or green sauce or condiment with thier chips (possibly mayo) but it may of had lumps in it?? Any ideas as to what this was would be massivly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

i'd say either it went bad or some tartar sauce ;)

some here use it instead of mayo :)

if you're looking for a recipe - let me know ;)

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Be afraid :lol:

4. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

that's the third option :rofl:

5. Mayo... well past it's sell by date I'm thinking.

6. kartoffel salad, with bits of chives

7. Snot or j*zz, it just depended who was on the wagon that day. Hope you didn't lick the plate when you were finished. 8O

8. I think it may be kraut salat?

9. Blimey - Im Eichengrund, great place, lived there from 80-83. Buggered if I can remember what the Schnelly Wagon sold though.....

10. With frites? Get a grip! No self-respecting Schnelly would served potato with potato.

As a heathen Englishman, though, I can see the lure of this combination...

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Possibly was it Senf?
    I remeber the burgers were squirted with a katsup & mayo like stuff then topped with those lovely crispt fried onions.

12. What, this Im Eichengrund (assuming photo works), cant recall a Schelly wagen but do remember the bar (kitchen) in the community centre (house). Happy days.

Attached Files:

13. I'm with TT on this - it was probably Roumelade or possibly Tzatziki(sp) - both have green bits in them!

MB