Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

I'm bored!

If you are teaching your kids/grandkids then teach them something useful. Show them how to make out a Range Card with the best areas to take out the local yobs. Teaches them safety, judging distance, knowledge of the area, with potentially a bit of fieldcraft thrown in. Get them to do one from each room/window then check against the ones you have made and are keeping for the Zombie invasion!

If you are teaching your kids/grandkids then teach them something useful. Show them how to make out a Range Card with the best areas to take out the local yobs. Teaches them safety, judging distance, knowledge of the area, with potentially a bit of fieldcraft thrown in. Get them to do one from each room/window then check against the ones you have made and are keeping for the Zombie invasion!
Feck that. Teach them how to change a plug, load and unload the dishwasrer, the washing machine, hang washing up, fold clothes, Hoover, clean the car, mow the lawn, the difference between a weed and a plant, paint skirting boards, put shelves up, organise the shed and the garage, fix a puncture, change a tyre, polish stuff, set the table, chop vegetables, cook, etc etc etc

All the fecking things I've been doing this week.

Feck that. Teach them how to change a plug, load and unload the dishwasrer, the washing machine, hang washing up, fold clothes, Hoover, clean the car, mow the lawn, the difference between a weed and a plant, paint skirting boards, put shelves up, organise the shed and the garage, fix a puncture, change a tyre, polish stuff, set the table, chop vegetables, cook, etc etc etc

All the fecking things I've been doing this week.
Why haven't you taught them that already - that is what weekends and school holidays are for after all !?

@Auld-Yin Have you considered doing another book review as a way of passing the days? John Bercow's 'Unspeakable' could be a soothing medicament for you in these difficult times.

I'm waiting for Alex Salmond's "new evidence" book coming (cuming?) out.

Much as I dislike Salmond's politics, I would far rather read a book by him than by the self-aggrandising shitweasel Bercow.

On the plus side, Bercow's book could be cheaper than toilet paper soon (Top tip - do not get the Kindle edition).

I lost it yesterday having scalped the garden again and planted vast quantities of veggie seeds. I had a read of James Blunt Twitter feed - desperate or what. But by heck he is funny!

Just about 2 weeks of social distancing here, and I am getting bored. I've been considering getting out the wheelbarrow next Wednesday and going down the street shouting, "Bring out your dead", while ringing a bell...

Probably not a good idea though, no sense of ha ha here in the Rhine Valley.

Just about 2 weeks of social distancing here, and I am getting bored. I've been considering getting out the wheelbarrow next Wednesday and going down the street shouting, "Bring out your dead", while ringing a bell...

Probably not a good idea though, no sense of ha ha here in the Rhine Valley.
Indeed not a good idea you might do your back in carrying all the stiffs.

I peaked too early. Cleared out the shed in the first couple of days. Found a half tin of paint.
I now have a tidy shed and the paint has dried on the bedroom wall.

MIssus has killed everything in the house with a myriad of sprays, Zoflora, Agua Fuerte and Dettol.

Ho hum, coming up to 2 weeks of lockdown here and has been extended a further two weeks. Wish I had a real lawn out the back instead of artificial grass as I could have got the scissors out.