I'm bored!

Oh do stop, he wasn’t even German. Try Goethe or Thomas Mann. Good uncomplicated German
I know you've only got to visit Austria to see how they still despise Germans for not being German enough the Nazi walts

There's always Torn, a text-based online RPG set in Torn City, a dark, murky underworld where only the sharpest survive. In Torn City you can be anyone and do anything. Build your character to infinite strengths and play it your way.

Torn City is a massively multiplayer game with thousands of active players around the world. Join them, attack them, befriend them, marry them, trade with them, compete with them. Whatever you do - Do it now!

It's kept me from being bored since I retired. Meet a better class of Arrser.
Joined a few days ago.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
White is what I'm doing with my place, it makes a small room a lot bigger and brighter, also makes a great change from the enforced Rental Magnolia that I had to put up with for nearly eight years. Put some anti mould additive into the paint though especially with kitchens and bathrooms, it'll save you a lot of grief and repainting.
PVA mixed with water on the plaster first to seal it
then use a good quality eggshell, at least 2 coats as well

Put some anti mould additive into the paint though decent ventilation in especially with kitchens and bathrooms, it'll save you a lot of grief and repainting.
FoC

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Tell me about it. I remember the days when I got up in the morning and when going for the the SSSes stood back from the urinals in the barracks and tried to see how high I could pee up the wall. Miniaturisation has well and truly entered my life!!!!
Write out your memory of a particularly memorable tour/event/night out and self publish on the internet.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Write out your memory of a particularly memorable tour/event/night out and self publish on the internet.
Feck off the Historical Enquiries Team have not gone away you know!

(As if I ever got close to stuff like that!)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Joined a few days ago.
You didn't use my link though, or I'd have known this already. Make yourself known to me or a member of my faction and we'll see you reet.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Joined a few days ago.
We're looking at implementing our New Player protocol to get you up to speed and useful ahead of your peers.

Anybody else wants to join, it's easier if you use a recruitment link like this

It makes it easier for us to establish comms (and gets us freebies)

Other recruiting links are available.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
I'm not, just had x50 main frame servers in & now have to ship them out for delivery today.
Problem is getting a courier in to do it for us.

Both our families are now isolated for 12 weeks ( yes were all biffs ) We can reasonably live off the farm and have some food in the pantry.
However I feel that there is a need for discipline , would it be reasonable to still get up at 6am ?
Shaving ( for the men ) standards to be kept up and standards of dress to be maintained ( sleeves down )
Food, a strict portion control regime to be implemented
Exercise in the form of dog walking, mucking out, wood chopping and gardening , for us chaps private study and shooting .
Any suggestions on refining this
I have changed the netflix pin so there is some incentive not to kill me !

ETA; some three hours later I have been thrown in to bed and the pendant control for my hoist moved to out with my reach .

Last edited:

Blogg

LE
Up at 05.30 thanks to shouting dogs and out by 06.00

In the 90 minutes we were out, did not see another human being and apart from when crossing one main road no cars.

And no aircraft noise.

Suits me...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Been out to the builders merchants
ordered a grands worth of fencing panels, concrete posts and gravel boards, ballast and concrete plus creocote
that will finish off the side of the garden I started 2 years ago
( its over 100 feet long)
plus the wife is making a list