I'm bored!

There must be hundred of things you could do. Here is a list of a hundred from Innocent Drinks:

I remember a SERE lecture in which the RM Sgt instructing us commented that keeping your mind occupied is important. You can find similar open source studies of Vietnam POWs that also say this. One guy mentally planned, built, and started to run a hotel.

Since you have aces to pen and paper, and PC/laptop/phone - why not think up a new idea for something like a mail order business selling things like Larne Sausage or Scottish Black Bun? Or Shetland Loaf?

During quiet night shifts on a tour many years ago I got bored and designed a street legal dalek (based on a very cut down mini chassis) a bike and side-car with the controls in the sidecar, then refined it to include a BMW flat-twin engine in the back of the sidecar.
After that I got silly

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
This'll keep your artistic spirit engaged and give you a nice set of souvenir ink to remember the 2020 lockdown. You can easily knock up a DIY prison set up with a sewing needle and homemade ink from melted styrofoam.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This'll keep your artistic spirit engaged and give you a nice set of souvenir ink to remember the 2020 lockdown. You can easily knock up a DIY prison set up with a sewing needle and homemade ink from melted styrofoam.

I'm bored, not f*cking stupid!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And what a wonderful choice that was! What mistake did you make? Not joining the 1st of Foot?
I thought about it but I don't like Black Bun and sod going outdoors on Hogmanay.

TamH70

MIA
If you get really bored, I think that you could spend some happy hours drawing up lists of British-based journalists you want to round up and give the full Nacht und Nebel treatment to. Several of which hours could be taken in deciding who goes first.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The History Chanel has been re-running the series "Life after People" which shows how the world changes when there are no humans around. How long various buildings, dams, towers like the Khalifa Hotel in Dubai would last.

A very interesting programme and quite chilling in light of CV-19. A well made documentary which is worth watching if you catch it on the schedules.

TamH70

MIA
The History Chanel has been re-running the series "Life after People" which shows how the world changes when there are no humans around. How long various buildings, dams, towers like the Khalifa Hotel in Dubai would last.

A very interesting programme and quite chilling in light of CV-19. A well made documentary which is worth watching if you catch it on the schedules.
Why wait until the end of humanity to get rid of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai in general - if ever there was a place for a humungous natural disaster to happen to it, Dubai is one. I played a video game set there.

A game that was so good it got banned in the Emirates.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

CV19 isn't the problem it isn't killing a 100th of the people they forecast - what comes next might be though.

if rabies changes its genome in a similar fashion then that is 100% fatal without treatment, then it will be the haves vs the have nots. with a bunch of very angry and thirsty zombies in between,

anyway here's a clown to keep you entertained

1588158511522.png

CV19 isn't the problem it isn't killing a 100th of the people they forecast - what comes next might be though.

if rabies changes its genome in a similar fashion then that is 100% fatal without treatment, then it will be the haves vs the have nots. with a bunch of very angry and thirsty zombies in between,

anyway here's a clown to keep you entertained

View attachment 469589
Great that's really made my day, NOT!

I bloody HATE clowns as well!!!

TamH70

MIA
Great that's really made my day, NOT!

I bloody HATE clowns as well!!!
Join the club. I'm the Founder Member. Subs are a fiver a year, two quid if you are a veteran, or OAP, and one quid if you are both.

Latest Threads