I'm bored!

Yokel

LE
There must be hundred of things you could do. Here is a list of a hundred from Innocent Drinks:

I remember a SERE lecture in which the RM Sgt instructing us commented that keeping your mind occupied is important. You can find similar open source studies of Vietnam POWs that also say this. One guy mentally planned, built, and started to run a hotel.

Since you have aces to pen and paper, and PC/laptop/phone - why not think up a new idea for something like a mail order business selling things like Larne Sausage or Scottish Black Bun? Or Shetland Loaf?

This is the first day of not going to work, it is absolutely impossible to do my job from home as I don’t have the space for a fully kitted out laboratory or room for an Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer unit, as an environmental testing laboratory we rely on samples from the construction industry and greenfield/brownfield developments, these have dried up because of the lockdown so we’ve mothballed the labs and we’ve started our own lockdowns at home, I would normally have been in the office for an hour or so by now and fuck me I’m bored already, my 2 dogs will enjoy me being at home but as I can only take them out once a day I’ll have to save that treat for a little later, I now know what they mean by feeling stir crazy, I have an idea I’m going to struggle with this, I reckon my lawn will never be as neat as it’s going to be and my car never as clean

Paging @MrBane I want to see some projects he is currently working on, not for inspiration, I just need a fcuking good laff......

Here's my list of things to do in April....View attachment 462741

God I'm bored...
Seriously though, I can't understand how adults can ever get bored in this day an age

Depression I can get, but boredom?

We live in an age where entertainment is all around, more music, books, computer games and films than you could use in lifetime and people can bored?

There's even free online courses to cover most people's hobbies or academic interests

Having a little time at the moment I thought I’d make some notes for myself to summarise important aspects of history. It’s jolly complicated at times, so having a handy list of the main points will help me remember as the years go by.

The Story of Bernard Montgomery:

It was as a young child that Bernard decided what he wanted to do in life:

BM1.png

Much later:

BM2.png

I'm now working on The Buzz Aldrin Story.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If you are interested in Motorbikes this is yer man
while Alan is not the greatest commentator , he is a genuis and nothing fazes him
I come from an engineering background and would not have a clue about doing this, my old man is trained as a toolmaker watched this and said it would stump him

and then the test run

or if a 6 is not enough fun the mad bastard built a V8

or this machine which is as good to look at as it sounds

or a baby V twin that i so well executed it looks like a factory job

blimey69

Swinger
Changing the subject, does anybody know where one might get yellow handbags? On-line or in person Hazmat suit to the fore. Only having found Bratties and curry sauce I only need a stubi of Herforder to make the evening special.
Herforder pills... Would that be, orange or green label. I was at Cliftton barracks. The brewery was along the BCFT Route. Ish... I wrote a stern letter to Mr sainsbury when they stopped stocking the orange (some would say yellow) label.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Three weeks in, no parole and three weeks added on!

And I am still bored! :(

Try reading A Detailed Study of American History with Footnotes and References.

That'll keep you occupied while the kettle boils.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

GrandadsMOB

War Hero
I don't know. Tell me, why does this remind you of catch 22?
<whashieldon>
From Wikipedia - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller (my emphasis):

The Paradox
Yossarian comes to fear his commanding officers more than he fears the Germans attempting to shoot him down and he feels that "they" are "out to get him". The reason Yossarian fears his commanders more than the enemy is that as he flies more missions, Colonel Cathcart increases the number of required combat missions before a soldier may return home; he reaches the magic number only to have it retroactively raised. He comes to despair of ever getting home and is greatly relieved when he is sent to the hospital for a condition that is almost jaundice.
</whashieldoff>

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
<whashieldon>
From Wikipedia - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller (my emphasis):

The Paradox
Yossarian comes to fear his commanding officers more than he fears the Germans attempting to shoot him down and he feels that "they" are "out to get him". The reason Yossarian fears his commanders more than the enemy is that as he flies more missions, Colonel Cathcart increases the number of required combat missions before a soldier may return home; he reaches the magic number only to have it retroactively raised. He comes to despair of ever getting home and is greatly relieved when he is sent to the hospital for a condition that is almost jaundice.
</whashieldoff>
I think most of us know what Catch-22 is and where it originated. What we, or at least I, am not clear about is why this thread remind you of C-22.

Latest Threads