I'm ashamed to be British......

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by no-body, Aug 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be British. I'm ashamed of that vote yesterday, I'm ashamed for what it means. All of my life I've thought we had standard, and kind of stood up for the little guy. I'm a bit pissed now as I've been down the pub and listened to the bollocks being spouted off around me -

I was never afraid of a ruck, I did a bit of this and a bit of that. But that yesterday was shameful, I'm prepared to take a bit of "the OP is a ****er and doesnt know what he's talking about" etc etc. But at the end of the day the French are willing to go in and sort out a wrong and we aren't? WTF is that all about? Man up, grow a pair etc etc where has this country got to when people are willing, no, expecting us to do nothing??

Look after the little guy, the one being shit on, that used to be the remit of the soldier - I once heard and remembered a quote that said - the professional soldier, fights battles for anyone that can't.... That stuck with me for nearly 30 years of service.

I'm ashamed...........

• Like Like x 12
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bombing the **** out of 'the little guy' based on very flimsy evidence is hardly standing up for him.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 67
  3. I share a lot of your sentiment but you have to respect democracy.

• Like Like x 14
  4. This.

5. **** off then.

• Like Like x 32
  6. I share a little of your sentiments, but cast your mind back 10 years to the last WMD shite agenda, and look where that got us in world opinion eh?

• Like Like x 21
  7. Vietnam would be the last time the US and French shared a common outrage. Thank goodness we weren't that arsed about it.

• Like Like x 19
  8. Nothing to do with us, leave them to it. Our meddling solves what exactly?

• Like Like x 33
  9. You want us to fight against a bunch that hate us, for a bunch that hate us?

We, as a nation, are broke. The Armed Forces (despite the strength, professionalism and self-sacrifice of the individuals) are bust. The population is sick of being at war. The Middle East and the Muslims don't want us anywhere near them.

It's not our fight, it's someone else's turn.

• Like Like x 75
  10. I'm proud to be British. Being British means doing what is right, not being 'Murica's bitch and helping their Zionists clear yet another enemy of Israel out of the way.

We have no business there - all this "doing what's right" and "helping the little guy" is just tough-guy bullshit. Who decided that we are the police of the world? When the UN says it's time to act, then it's time to do something. And not until then.

This 'vigilante bullshit on a global scale' is tiresome, the British people have made it clear that they don't want it and distancing ourselves from the USA is not a bad thing - it doesn't harm most European countries to not be Obama's rent-boy.

I'm quite happy to go for another medal, but only when there is a mandate for it, not to save face in front of the septics.

• Like Like x 24
  11. Good.

Kill yourself.

FWIW I have not been as proud to be British in two decades. We are the iron fist in the velvet glove.

• Like Like x 7
  12. As yet though, there is no proof that it was Assad/Syrian Govt forces that used chemical weapons; if indeed they were used.

Kerry produced NO evidence, only "we know"

""All of these things we know, the American intelligence community has high confidence."" source: BBC BBC News - Syria chemical weapons attack killed 1,429, says John Kerry

This is not enough to go on. Blair "knew" that Saddam had WMD, and we all now know what he really knew; that the dossier had been sexed up.

TBH, I'm glad it was a not a 3-line whip, I'm relived that MP's did not give the Govt a mandate without the bedrock of proof. I'm ashamed that Cameron and advisers were daft enough to debate an open/shut motion instead of a motion that allowed them to take action if the evidence warranted it.

13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Not so good.

Behave yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Personally, I think it's the wrong moral decision but fiscally and politically the correct one.

Dave might look back on this and think, "That was lucky.".....not for the dead though, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Point taken.

• Like Like x 1