Im a getting jacked on?!

Bit of a moan/rant (apology's in advance) but am I getting jacked on?!

I've just had major surgery on my knee (mpfl reconstruction) had 4 weeks off, spoke to doctor and told him I was happy to go to work but i cant drive, he said i can do desk work, My unit have told me to get the train into work and back as I live on my own house 39 miles away. I've asked for a room in the block but there's none available! So now I'm out of pocket and hobbaling around on crutches commuting to and from work! I'm I getting jacked on? I'm I entitled to anything? (currently claiming HTD but doesnt cover the cost) Or is it just the case of man the f up and crack on?

This will probably come as a bit of a shock, but in the real world you are expected to pay to get to work, there is no "entitlement" to lovely taxpayer dosh or any duty to provide on site accommodation.

S

Screw_The_Nut

I reckon you are, have you seen the clerks? Normally if you drive in, from your own property, then you have a fuel allowance so I don't see why you can't get a public transport one too. May be a case of saving up all your train tickets for proof.

Real word?! This is a unique job with its unique system, including welfare! When injured while doing this job I would assume you would be looked after and not given A f off tablet.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Ignore the old, retired and bitter types mate. Put them in Helmand, that'll give them a dose of the ******* "Real World"!

Real word?! This is a unique job with its unique system, including welfare! When injured while doing this job I would assume you would be looked after and not given A f off tablet.
Calm down dear, you are starting to sound like a whiner. What would you like the job to provide? Taxi's door to door? A home office? You are no different a situation to anybody else outside the mob, moaning that the taxpayer won't shell out to make your life better is not going to win you many friends.

What an absolute Sheeps!! I don't expect anything but I would like to think I would be looked after should I sustain an injury whist serving! I'm happy to pay towards travel but hobbling around with a knee the size of your spunk belly, I would have thought a room in the block (that again im happy to pay for) wouldn't be too much of a strain on the tax payer!

S

Screw_The_Nut

Just get hold of one of the lads who is on a course at the moment, get comms and borrow his room for a while

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
What an absolute Sheeps!! I don't expect anything but I would like to think I would be looked after should I sustain an injury whist serving! I'm happy to pay towards travel but hobbling around with a knee the size of your spunk belly, I would have thought a room in the block (that again im happy to pay for) wouldn't be too much of a strain on the tax payer!
A room in the block? Do you mean a room all to yourself? FFS In my day (grab that lantern and pull up a sandbag) your muckers would have squeezed you into an empty bed-space in the spider. What's one more in a room of 12?

edited to give the obvious answer.... 13

Aint you got no mates who could move in/tennant with you and drive for you till you get better?

Doss on a mates floor in the block, if anyone asks then you had a sess in the naafi last night and were to hammered to hop home on the train.
Its not as if you will be bean stealing either, assuming its payd.

Umm, tell them you are moving back into the block permanently. You are entitled to public accommodation...it'll be cheaper than all of that travel.

Alternatively, do a swap with someone you trust (!) in the block.