Im a civilian, need advice, pls

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Oblivion, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any way to verify if someone who claims to be British army is telling the truth?

I'm a civilian, not British, sorry for intruding, I have no idea who else to ask

2. Ask them their regi number, anyone who's served will spiel theirs out with no hesitation.
  3. Shout 'Stand up!!!' very loudly. If they brace up, they're in the British Army. ;-)

Ask them if they post on this website. I they do, they are bound to be in the Army..... :roll:
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

assuming this is a serious question. Ask them to see their MOD90. If they don't know what it is they aren't Army and if they don't "have" it on them their probably not army, although apparently its not the hanging offence it used to be these days!
  5. For real authenticity ask them what colour the boathouse is.
  6. You could always ask them if they have a big penis.

If it's less than 8 inches, they might not be a proper soldier.

Welcome to ARRSE, I can lick my eyebrows me.
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well that explains a lot then :) never seen one of you lot brace.

infact as far as i was aware if i said brace to your mob they'd think one was offering pheasant :p
  8. He said 'Army' not AAC. We know we're not a part of the real Army and dont pretend to be :p
  9. Can i ask you why you need this help, was the person in question talking out loud in public or behaving in an obtuse manner....
  10. Thank you for your quick answers! I can't ask him anything for the moment, he said he went back to the battle field, but he left behind uniform and rank. Some friend in UK said all those are really easy to procure on ebay and such. I know his name, date of birth and possibly regiment, but for obvious reasons I cannot make them public. There's still a chance that he was telling the truth and I don't want to create any problems. But believe me, this is a very serious question.
    So there is no office you could call and just check whether he's a soldier or not? I don't care for any other details

11. Sorry for any frivolity that may have occured

01706 517 623
  12. So, this is a guess, but did you buy something from him, and he's fcuked off "to the field", never to be seen again?
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

left his uniform and went back to the battle field?

Well if his "uniform" is thread bare with the knees and arsse hanging out of it. clogged with dust and smelling like piss and stale sweat could be he's telling the truth.

if however his "uniform" is brand new and freshly starched could be an e-bay warrior.

could be neither as well :)
  14. How can I make this a short story.. He was in my country, asked for help, got all the help he needed, out of respect for the uniform he was wearing. The story he told didn't make much sense though, but maybe, just maybe I have a civilian mind and cannot understand the army ways. All I care to know is whether he is a real soldier or not. If he is who he says he is, I'll be very proud I met him and was able to help. If not, he shouldn't walk around, taking credit for what the real army is doing.
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator