Im 31 and contemplating joining the RAF Regiment as an officer/gunner.

Mate, the Rock Apes are one thing.

The Army’s another.

Despite the appalling disaster of Capita recruitment you may find a Regiment that would take a chance.

If you’re seeking self respect and redemption is a Crabsuit the clothing to wear?

I suspect you will have several hurdles to overcome before selection.

The only way you will find out is by starting the process and seeing where it goes.

The only way you will find out is by starting the process and seeing where it goes.
.... I didn’t mean any disrespect to the RAF, rather that if someone wishes to soldier the Army (or Marines) offer advantages in comparison with the RAF.

Yep, think that's the way it will have to be. No doubt the recruiters/AFCO won't be able to answer every technical medical/financial question.

Mate, the Rock Apes are one thing.

The Army’s another.

Despite the appalling disaster of Capita recruitment you may find a Regiment that would take a chance.

If you’re seeking self respect and redemption is a Crabsuit the clothing to wear?
Honestly I don't care how low down the pecking order I am, I think I just thrive more in a disciplined environment.

Would consider the army but the max age reqs are lower than rock apes. Think the lowest army max age for most roles is 32 years 11 months, whereas RAF is around 36/37.

Reserves offer different routes.

Despite managerialism afflicting the forces, it’s still possible to be creative... I’ve been startled, pleasantly, by some recent experiences of people I know.

Yep, think that's the way it will have to be. No doubt the recruiters/AFCO won't be able to answer every technical medical/financial question.

Honestly I don't care how low down the pecking order I am, I think I just thrive more in a disciplined environment.

Would consider the army but the max age reqs are lower than rock apes. Think the lowest army max age for most roles is 32 years 11 months, whereas RAF is around 36/37.
So, no self discipline then - needs to be told what to do - works well in coveralls? - Using the mob as he last chance saloon? maybe married/partner, with a few kids too so eyeing up SFA? ......Meh, give it a go mate.

Their desperate enough nowadays

@bacchus2018

I didn't see your now deleted original post but assume you're interested in the RAF Regt.

Firstly, while there may be advantages to the Army and RM, there are also disadvantages.

In the RAF we pride ourselves on being a little more 'people friendly' and our significantly better length of service stats in comparison to the other services speaks volumes. Those factors are generally particularly appealing to older recruits.

Also, do not just limit yourself to RAF Regt; there are plenty of other demanding and interesting RAF trades that may also be an option if you have the educational qualifications.

Best of luck in whatever you go for!

Regards,
MM

Son No 1 Mk 1 has been commissioned as a rock ape for 4 years, hates it.

Apparently decent blokes haemorrhaging, huge PVR rates, seniors don't give a rats arse, morale is subterranean, no overseas adventure training - pretty much a pointless existence.