Illustrious, Bulwark and other assets to the Lebanon.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by luke, Jul 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. breaking news on the BBC, more soon

any speculations as to what the operations could be? 8O

2. any links?

3. Evacuation plans are being worked on. However, must admit that I wouldn't fancy being too close to shore at the moment as the Lebanese have already given the Israelis a bloody nose. I hope their ship recognition is good.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Check out the recruiting poster on Rum Ration. Any Jolly Jacks for Drake Bn or Nelson Bn? :p

5. I reckon they'll fire at anything. It'll probably all be over by the time the warships get there.

6. I wonder if they've designed the medal yet????

7. RumRation is up to it's usual standard - not even a mention of the current potential op, they are more concerned about their time in bloody "Ganges" or outing people that they think are paedos (check out the Nozzer thread - it's surreal!). It's like a warped version of a Royal Naval Assocation but without the bar or music. Just lots of ex-matelots moaning about how life used to be good/bad/harder/easier/ad infinitum....

In about three days they will clutch in, see what is going on, and then all compete to tell a story about how they were involved in an evac in 1915 and how they haven't got their medals yet.....and every story will link back to their time in Ganges!

8. Pompeysailor,

You haven't mentioned Ganges enough though.

9. And if the Syrians launch a missile or Hezbloah get a bit cocky then God knows what happens....

10. Auld-Yin

So, Pompey Sailor, as someone who seems to feel that the fleet are not exactly doing what they are being paid for, and I assume (possibly wrongly) that you feel that you, personally, should do the rifgt thing; which Battalion will you volunteer for? thus alleviating (sp I'm pis hed) the overstretch the fighting elements of out armed forces are going through. :cry:

11. Overstretch hmmm, I say send in the cadets they can handle the situation in Lebanon!

12. Auld-Yin

Overstretch, cadets and navy in one post OooooooH. Sailor :!:

13. Wonder if they are going to help the US evacuate their people as well?

14. Sweet FA. Can you see the govenment telling anyone where to get off? Even if they wanted too, who they going to send? That one R Irish platoon they didn't send wit hteh rest of their company to Helmand?