Illegal Immigrants may be barred from NHS Services.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dingerr, Dec 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About bloody time

Do you think someone in Government has finally realised that costs them money, with no return from those Illegal Immigrants using the NHS?

2. Health care in the UK is only free to illegals and other foreigners , the rest of us have to pay thru NI , taxes etc , you don't pay you dont receive .

3. No, they're just desperate to divert attention away from the funding scandal.

John Reid promised the same thing a few years ago when he was health secretary. Nothing was done then and nothing will be done now.

It would be a brave, brave NHS employee who asked anybody about their immigration status. They'd be up on racism charges before they got to the end of the sentence.

4. Will we have to take a passport to A&E? How do they intend to police it? oh oh oh....maybe we'll all have an IDENTITY CARD!What a splendid idea!

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Well I was born in South Africa, my parents were British, my old man served in the RGJ back in the dark ages - I have a British passport and have had one since I was about 10 years old.

I do have a slight SAF accent though and when I've registered with aGP thy've always checked my status by getting a copy of my passport.

6. I agree, it's probably all a very poor attempt to deflect the flak about the funding scandal. Even if HMG did try to impose this on the NHS, it would probably run afoul of the Human Rights Act and We'd be back to square one. Even if it didn't, it would be next to impossible for hospital staff to veryify the nationality, prior to treatment, of everyone who arrived at A&E, especially if they were unconscious.

7. Who needs a passport or,I.D. card,I have a N.I. number,what about you?

I do agree with the other posts though,this is just about diverting attention away from a crappy 10 year old NHS policy,that never has,and never will work as long as the money goes to the administrators,and not the medics!

8. The cunningly worded HRA does not in fact cover NHS patients. Hence NHS hospitals can, and do, tell cancer patients to fcuk off and die because they don't have the resources to treat them.

On the other hand, if you're a Somalian murderer with a fondness for gunning down unarmed police women during armed robberies, you are fully covered.

9. makes a change from war pensioners

10. Illegal immigrants etc. not to receive NHS!!! You got to be joking, that'll be the day! :x

11. I can't even get my son and wife a dentist because me move every three years. I bet Johhny foreigner (back of a truck from Fance ) is getting his teeth looked after. My wife got her teeth looked at overseas whilst on holiday. ****ing disgrace.

12. How will this work then?

I can just see some administratively incompetent hospital administrator deny treatment to some pensioner who has forgotten to bring his NI card.

Given how great NHS computer systems work, I can also see the same happening to a soldier or his dependant not coming up on the system because they have constantly been moved about.

13. If they are failed asylum seekers, that must mean that by definition, they do not need asylum. If so, why are they still here?

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I gave up years ago trying to find an NHS dentist, so I now have a dentist in spain. Last time I went on holiday booked myself in cost me 48 Euros for a filling to be replaced. And the Bonus is She Finnish with great tits as well a pleasant chair side manner.

15. You better believe it fatty, it's all the justification this Government needs to enforce their new law, despite the err...'loss' of those discs.