Illegal immigrants go home

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Jul 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You could solve the problem soon enough if you offered anyone turning in ten of their fellow illegals a couple of grand and the right to remain.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Or alternatively just set them on fire.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

All very well - but I've watched that Border Patrol programme on Sky 2 / Pick TV where the UKBA are busting restaurants / shops / butchers etc for illegals - back of trucks at Calais etc and they always say the same thing:

"Without their passports they can't be deported"

Who thought that crazy idea up then?

More importantly - why are some of them still stupid enough to hand the bloody things over if it's going to result in a one-way ticket back to Iraqistan?
  4. Most of them are decent enough people; we're full, that's all.
  5. Evidence?

There's plenty of room on Gruinard.
  6. a) Evidence? Most people are decent enough and I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

b) If illegals can't be deported I would have thought South Georgia an eminently suitable location. As soon as they 'suddenly remember' where they left their papers then they can depart in peace.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. It is rather crazy. I guess using that logic, if I ever get stopped for speeding I shall just tell the copy I do not have a licence and he will happily let me on my way :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. They probably are. They can have my place in the UK as I'm not planning on going back to the ripoff shithole.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

I've always thought that anyone who gets to passport control and cannot produce a passport or adequate means of identification should be put straight back on the plane to where they came from. But I guess that's too simple a solution for some people.
  10. I think that should read: "Signs tell gullible voters (who paid for the bloody things) we are really tough on immigrants while we are letting just as many in as the last lot.".
    • Like Like x 2
  11. They arrive with passports. Then they stash them and claim that their name is something other than the one on the passport with which they entered the country.
  12. The thing is that we and they know that this is nothing more than bluff. I used to work in an area of London absolutely crawling with illegals. When we stopped them, any contact made with the UKBA was met with, "Have they got documents?" or "Sorry, we haven't got anyone available to deal with them. Tell them to present themselves at Eaton House".

It got to the stage where we no longer bothered to make the phone call.