Illegal immigrant worked as airport security official

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumpinjarhead, May 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think most of the customs officers at Heathrow are illegal immigrants. The ones of colour don't seem to check the passports of ethnic people very well.

2. A friend of mine (a Brit) was working illegally in the US - she was writing a new programme for their Immigration service!

3. Typical. Every election, you get a Bimbo eruption.

4. This won't be the end of these type of problems, a few years ago when I was still a serving copper a group of us tasty gun cops were sat in a Police station canteen (I know!!) anyway on this same day there was some training going on for a well known security company who were going to look after custody and prisoner handling in the nicks.
    They were also on their break in the canteen, one of my collegues saw one of the security guy's and said hello mate as he thought he recognised him but did not remember where from, the security bloke seemed not to know my mate and it was left at that.
    On his way home that night my mate said he had an uncomfortable feeling about this chap, so went to another station on the way home to research it. During this search he found out that when he was a young copper working in custody at ******* This male had been nicked for a rape, a bit more digging showed that he had been convicted and served 7 years for said rape. Anyway this chap was obviously nicked and dealt with. It turns out he cunningly got the job by changing his name and lying a bit, no checks were made, had he completed his training he would have had access to custody records, witness statements and national computer systems. This was discovered by luck but over the next few years there will be a big push for security officers as cheap labour to carry out various police roles, I do fear for the future of all security in UK.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Why should they..??..best left to 'immigration bods'.. :)

6. Bernster
    Having sat in on the interviews for another (possibly the same) well known security company for security operatives for a little event coming up this summer, I can't say I'm supprised by your last post. I was one of maybe 6 british passport holders in a room holding about 50 people. Passable english? obviously this was a nice to have rather than a requirement and the two wanna be tupacs sat next to me were talking about how it was an opportunity to fleece tourists!
    I did mention this fact at my interview but they didn't seem that interested.
    I suspect this will be a case of quantity not quality and maximum profits for shareholders. As they say in private eye - trebles all round!
    GOS

7. Course the worrying thing is that "standards" would probably do your conscientious mate for his efficiency and running checks on the police computer!

Does speak to the standards of vetting.

Mind you when a junior copper, I heard of one lad who got in the job, and when he finally was forced into submitting elimination prints for a burglary he went to deal with it turned out he had a conviction for............assault police.

Oh dear.

8. You tewwible wacist. besides, sports day is about fleecing tourists. Your Bimbos are world experts at it.

9. I wonder if the SIA will let them through? Or IF they'll just use LDN's for the entire event!

10. CP
    I can honestly say that I was genuinely shocked at the level of people going through the process, mind you, as I understand it, they were/are paying a pittence. Sitting there listening to excuses why a particular person didn't have a proof of address with them, or a stamp in their passport saying that they should be here, or didn't have a piece of paper that said they could legally wrk in this country was highly amusing! I felt sorry for the lads and lasses on reception who had to deal with it all. I never thought I's see the daywhen I said that I thing the level of security competitance will be raise by large ammounts of deploying TA! Shocking but true.
    GOS

11. Apologies for my dyslexic fingers this morning!
    I'll try again...
    CP
    I can honestly say that I was genuinely shocked at the level of people going through the process, mind you, as I understand it, they were/are paying a pittence. Sitting there listening to excuses why a particular person didn't have a proof of address with them, or a stamp in their passport saying that they should be here, or didn't have a piece of paper that said they could legally work in this country was highly amusing! I felt sorry for the lads and lasses on reception who had to deal with it all. I never thought I'd see the day when I said that I thing the level of security competitance will be raised by large ammounts of deploying TA! Shocking but true.
    GOS
    Packwor
    Who are you keeping an eye out for? The dodgy security types or the TA?