Illegal guns and ammo - shame he was just ex Para and FFL

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by very-old-git, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think that Sgt Nightingale's wife might be in for a rude shock later this year... Possession of firearms and ammunition without lawful authority is a crime. End of.
  2. Of course the police go around randomly raiding homes to find illegally held blank firing pretend pistols. The question is: What did'nt they get him for?

Nobber anyway, 6 months in the Legion? People only do 6 months if they go awol.
  3. A "firing pistol" and ".37 cartridges" with "traces of CN gas". What sort of weapon is this?

Seems a long time. Couldn't have been as a civvy with British Aerospace, could it?
  4. you can get gas pistols in Europe and the Russians make a whole range of apparently non lethal self defense weapons.
    but knowing russians nerve gas dispenser counts as non lethal:(
  5. <cough>Sarin firing umbrella.
  6. It was ricin.
  7. Ta. You is right.
  8. I don't mean to sound like a **** but you'd that being a firearms instructor he'd know the different between a deactivated weapon and a live one, let alone the legislation/laws that go along with such an item (the gun, not the ammo)
  9. Why a shame? I'm pretty sure Nightingale is facing court for the offence.
  10. And Bulgarian.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Amazing what you can buy at a "car boot sale".
    Perhaps "the man down the pub" didn't have what he wanted?
  12. Do Officers ever get caught with illegal weapons and If so what do they face,slap on the wrist or jail?
  13. I went to Liverpool to a gun mart,, Christ the stuff you could buy there,, and it was real,, no ammo,, just the guns ect,, I was told later on in the day the police had a van there carting stuff away from a few of the stalls,,
  14. In the one case I know about the officer involved (a Major at the time) smuggled an Uzi and a .357 back to the UK, was caught after the organisation they belonged to asked for them back. Someone knew where they were and passed the information on, leading to his farmhouse being raided. All stemmed from a strange conversation with an armourer and being in the right place 18 months later- spooky chain of events.

He was also renown for putting socks in his shorts prior to playing squash with the ladies!

He ended up his career in Catering Branch at MoD if memory serves.