I'll stick this post here, you're all weird anyway

Weaselchap

Swinger
It would appear that sometimes discussion goes in a direction somewhat orthogonal to that which is expected. Although I've lurked here long enough that I shouldn't really be surprised.

That being said I would like to strongly state that no children have been buried under the patio or gravel shown in the picture above.

It would appear that sometimes discussion goes in a direction somewhat orthogonal to that which is expected. Although I've lurked here long enough that I shouldn't really be surprised.

That being said I would like to strongly state that no children have been buried under the patio or gravel shown in the picture above.
Ah, we get it. They're cemented into the walls.

Ah, we get it. They're cemented into the walls.
No, it means he's buried children under other patios and gravel, just not those ones.

Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor blanks are pretty cheap, and an easy way to get a nice knife shaped piece of decent steel.

Nah, you ain't got it. "See that? I made that, me". More expensive than bought off-the-shelf, but that's ain't the point.

Pintleberry, the legend that he was, he'd understand and nod appreciation. No more than a nod, mark you.

Slime

LE
Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor blanks are pretty cheap, and an easy way to get a nice knife shaped piece of decent steel.

Nah, you ain't got it. "See that? I made that, me". More expensive than bought off-the-shelf, but that's ain't the point.

Pintleberry, the legend that he was, he'd understand and nod appreciation. No more than a nod, mark you.
I get what you are trying to do, but you won’t be making the steel from scratch yourself even if you go to a smith.

Bearing in mind that if you buy a blank YOU would still need to:

Cut it to shape
Grind it
Put an edge on it
Make a handle from scratch
Fit the handle and apply any desired finish.... ....

You would have designed and made the knife yourself.

It was just a suggestion, and one that would get you a steel at a known Rockwell hardness :)

Latest Threads